date/time set to default when changing battery

I have a problem. The date and time resets if your remove the battery. I checked the capacitor. (rechargeable battery). It is damaged. I am looking for it to buy. I have a question for you. Is it a capacitor or rechargeable battery? What kind? What is capacity mF or battery mAh etc? Where can I buy it?
How long it keeps settings when device Git2 works properly?

this should be covered by warranty. contact gitup

When my Gitup' 2's date/time-keeping battery failed, Gitup sent me a new PCB(the main circuit board) after changing, the function was restored.

When my Gitup' 2's date/time-keeping battery failed, Gitup sent me a new PCB(the main circuit board) after changing, the function was restored.

Hey man, did your git2 at first work fine when you changed batteries? It was only later on when it started exhibiting the time forgetfulness? I might be in the same boat, as my git2 is starting to act up now.

Hey man, did your git2 at first work fine when you changed batteries? It was only later on when it started exhibiting the time forgetfulness? I might be in the same boat, as my git2 is starting to act up now.
Yes, and Gitup sent a new main circuit board, which I replaced, and now the Git 2 rembers the date/time.

Yes the camera was working as advertized for a time, probably mos. before I noticed it was resetting the date/time when I changed the battery.
You might try pressing on the battery inside behind the face plate on the upper left . Some DCT members said that caused their batteries to work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine started to loosing date/time aswell :( When changing battery fast it dont occure, but when i leave camera without battery for more than 30 seconds its gone :/

I had remove the screw but it ddint solve the probem (can i use camera safely without that screw?).
Is there any way to repair it at home? Coin cell is soldered and so small than i can have problems with chainging it :/

The camera is very got overall but those loosing of date/time is messing with my collection of action and familly movies :/

Mine started to loosing date/time aswell :( When changing battery fast it dont occure, but when i leave camera without battery for more than 30 seconds its gone :/

I had remove the screw but it ddint solve the probem (can i use camera safely without that screw?).
Is there any way to repair it at home? Coin cell is soldered and so small than i can have problems with chainging it :/

The camera is very got overall but those loosing of date/time is messing with my collection of action and familly movies :/
MikeD
Send a PM to Gitup-they will send you a new PCB and you will have to solder the shutter button circuit board from the old to new PCB

Had two cameras with this problem. Gitup kindly offered to repair/replace, but had to sent to China at my cost. Took about 6 weeks, at which time they sent me two "new" replacements from Singapore. After updating firmware, setting time/date, and using battery charged in-camera, one of the "new" replacements still had the reset issue! Note: both cameras appeared new, but due to visible corrosion on input ports, I suspect they had been sitting around in some humid place for awhile. Second camera seemed OK, but after about a month and a half of use, date/time reset occurred twice. Super annoying to have to constantly check to see that date/time setting is still OK before every shot. Obviously, these are inexpensive cameras - even disposable, one might say. Given that, it's definitely not worth my time or money to go through the whole return/repair process again. I wish they had tested the "new" replacements before they went to the trouble of sending them to me.

same here. as reported last year gitup send me a new capacitor for replacement. worked fine in the beginning. now half year later date/time are reset again. contact gitup one week ago, but no response by now.

I'm not entirely surprised about slow responses - time zone difference, weekend, holidays. While they were kind (Stella), they made me send them video of the problem before issuing RMA# - lucky I had two cameras so I could film them both doing it at the same time. I mean, if I was willing to send the cameras back to China at my expense, why would I lie about the issue? I contacted them by starting a support ticket through their website, seems to be fastest way to get response.

Odd, Gitup has maintained surveillance of their thread on this DCT forum! When my Git 2's date/time battery failed, I PM ed them and a new PCB was sent to me and the cam is fine now!
There will be no response to enquiries after friday through sunday-they don't work 24/7.

My trouble ticket was well-documented, including video of the issue. I mentioned all the various hacks/solutions to this known problem, but was only given the option to return for repair. When I closed my "Trouble Ticket" (#4280), I included the info about defective replacement, but no further response or solution was offered.

My trouble ticket was well-documented, including video of the issue. I mentioned all the various hacks/solutions to this known problem, but was only given the option to return for repair. When I closed my "Trouble Ticket" (#4280), I included the info about defective replacement, but no further response or solution was offered.
Maybe try re-opening ticket? They used to have online chat...... Good luck with this.

I'll update if anything further to report, but at this point, I'm just going to cut my losses and use these cameras as hard as I can. If I find a decent replacement/substitute, will probably just turn them into externally powered dash-cams.

I'll update if anything further to report, but at this point, I'm just going to cut my losses and use these cameras as hard as I can. If I find a decent replacement/substitute, will probably just turn them into externally powered dash-cams.
Good luck. Hope you find another model soon :)

Back