Day. Panorama ( v1.12.03 ) vs Transcend DrivePro 200 ( v1.19 )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
DISCLAIMER
Dashcameras participated in this side by side test were using firmware you see below.
NB! By the time you are reading this thread and watching video used here, developers of those dashcameras may have released a new improved firmwares.
Please refer to each developer sub-forum or website in order to see newer firmware release and their performance.

DAY TEST

Top: Transcend DrivePro 200. FW: v1.19 ( 15Mbps bit-rate )
Bottom: Panorama 2, FW: v1.12.03 ( 12Mbps bit-rate )

Night test can be found HERE

Part 1

Individual videos from Part 1

Part 2

Individual videos from Part 2

Part 3

Individual videos from Part 3

Raw / Original files can be downloaded from links below:

- Panorama

- Transcend

Conclusion:

DrivePro colours are slightly dull ( over-brighten ), Panorama colours are too contrast ( maybe a little bit under brighten ), so non of them is perfect here, but of course main purpose of dashcam is not to record exactly 100% correct colour palette, but providing a details readings.

DriverPro advertises diagonal FOV 160 degree, which is not true. You may see its narrower than Panorama 154 FOV and objects are closer on DrivePro videos, which says that FOV is narrower, but this gives advantage of details ( numberplates reading ) slightly better, but loses in side view. This is one of the main dilemmas for every buyer: to buy narrow lens camera, or wide. Both have pros and cons.

WDR / HDR is better tuned on DrivePro.

I assume Panorama need to add +10+15% brightness in order to adjust WDR / HDR.

P.S. - just to remind - comparison is valid ONLY for firmware version of each dashcam mentioned above.
Both developers time to time releasing a new upgraded firmware versions to improve video quality.

Screenshots. Part 1.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5 copy.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshots. Part 2.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshots. Part 3.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Last edited:
If you compare Transcend PD 200 with one of the best dashcam (Pano ) and the verdict of my amateur eyes which of them is the best is difficult ....The specs and very good price of PD 200 and your competence persuade me to buy it ! Thank you again for your effort . If you could specify a good vendor,or is not a problem with a brand dashcam.....

If you compare Transcend PD 200 with one of the best dashcam (Pano ) and the verdict of my amateur eyes which of them is the best is difficult ....The specs and very good price of PD 200 and your competence persuade me to buy it ! Thank you again for your effort . If you could specify a good vendor,or is not a problem with a brand dashcam.....

Panorama ( like many other well known dashcam ) is not an ideal. All good dsashams have their pros and cons, all depends on your priorities vs combination of pros and cons ( form-factor, options, functions, etc ).
For few month I have DrivePro I can say its good for the price you pay ( formfactor is drawback for me personally ), but I can not confirm how good it will be in long term of use. Transcend don't have a parking mode ( at least with present firmware ) which is big drawback for me personally, however it has a supercaps, so in theory it can have a 24/7 parking mode rec option if developer wants to add it in future.

I never like to take a position on "can you recommend me a best dashcam". There are a lot of good ones out there. What is good for me, might not be good for others. There are too many personal choice details need to be taken into account. What I can do is to provide real life results and also pros and cons how I can see them and then each one can decide for themself which is good for them, because some of my pros and cons are not same for other people.

I see them both worth money. If you have limited budget and newbie to dashcams, - you need to start from somewhere. You may try DrivePro first, get some experience and later buy Panorama, get experience with it and give DrivePro for your wife or friend.

Last edited:
I have been following this forum EVERY DAY from dec 2013 . At the beginning I was a newbie , now, after I have learned a lot of things especially from you and others , I've evolved to next step....It will be the second dashcam , after an excelent Mobius that I used for a drona . I think DrivePro deserves a bigger atention . Could you recomand me a vendor or searching on eBay would be enough...

I have been following this forum EVERY DAY from dec 2013 . At the beginning I was a newbie , now, after I have learned a lot of things especially from you and others , I've evolved to next step....It will be the second dashcam , after an excelent Mobius that I used for a drona . I think DrivePro deserves a bigger atention . Could you recomand me a vendor or searching on eBay would be enough...

No offence @ word "newbie", it's not for you, it's overall expression for theory vs real life hands-on experience. Hope you agree: one thing is to read and other thing is to experience yourself hands-on. Not always what in theory looks good in practice is different to every individual person. Mobius is good choice to start with.
I bought it from MemoryC.

Back