DC cam setup and random lockup/no response issues.

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm working with a DC cam with no rear cam installed at the moment, firmware 1.32(b).

I have the 3-wire installed and it does switch to parking mode correctly and comes out of it as well. I'm using the supplied 128gb memory card as well.

i understand that holding the power button for 5 seconds should initiate shutdown on this camera; randomly it will not. sometimes on release of the power button after holding for the length of time it will not shut down but the REC button will stop flashing and the camera locks. No more flashing, just a live pictures on the screen but none of the menu buttons will respond. It will release itself from the lock after random periods of time, switching car on or off to set/cancel parking mode works either.

That being said - sometimes under the same situations the power button will initiate shutdown as it should - but not as often as a no resonse/lockup to the power button being used.

It's in the 70's right now and cloudy; camera is not hot and this offucrs regardless of the temperature.

Thoughts or suggestions on where to start first?

You working wit the hardwire kit too ?
If you are, it is throwing some curb balls as people at the moment as i understand it, all SG engineers are working on this one matter at the moment.

You working wit the hardwire kit too ?
If you are, it is throwing some curb balls as people at the moment as i understand it, all SG engineers are working on this one matter at the moment.

Yes as I mentioned in the post I am working with the new 3 wire kit as well. Thanks for the info.

There are a few threads with the ongoing investigations and reports going back and forth to Jokiin, i am sure he would like one more "lab rat" to help out getting this solved ASAP.
A test / beta firmware went out yesterday with some changes in regard to this, but not sure what the results of it have been so far.
I would shoot jokiin a MSG and get in on the beta action if you can manage the unpaid work as a tester,,,,, also pretty sure jokiin was shooting for this to release in a more problem free manner, but it seem a little work are still required for the hardwire kit.

After 2nd day of new beta FW test works fine, but more tests need to be carried out before public release.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

After 2nd day of new beta FW test works fine, but more tests need to be carried out before public release.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Since I'm showing lockups care to privately share it?

i understand that holding the power button for 5 seconds should initiate shutdown on this camera; randomly it will not.
I take it you're doing this after it switches to timelapse mode yeah?

try this method which I think you will find should work reliably, after it switches to timelapse mode press the REC button to pause recording, once it starts doing the double beep then press and hold the power button

Can you give that a go and let me know the result?

I take it you're doing this after it switches to timelapse mode yeah?

try this method which I think you will find should work reliably, after it switches to timelapse mode press the REC button to pause recording, once it starts doing the double beep then press and hold the power button

Can you give that a go and let me know the result?

I will try that but also am finding the 5 second pwr button shutdown (key on mode) does not always respond and more often than not when I let go of the button the rec light stops flashing and I've left with non-responsive buttons and a live view on the screen. I will try the rec button first on both the key on and parking mode and report back later tonight.

I will try that but also am finding the 5 second pwr button shutdown (key on mode) does not always respond and more often than not when I let go of the button the rec light stops flashing and I've left with non-responsive buttons and a live view on the screen. I will try the rec button first on both the key on and parking mode and report back later tonight.

pressing the power button while the camera is running in normal mode is the way to turn wifi on/off, you can't actually shut the camera down from running when the key is on with the 3 wire hardwire power supply, it can only be shutdown like that from key off timelapse mode

let me know how you go

pressing the power button while the camera is running in normal mode is the way to turn wifi on/off, you can't actually shut the camera down from running when the key is on with the 3 wire hardwire power supply, it can only be shutdown like that from key off timelapse mode

let me know how you go

Ok I was understanding that just the pwr button would shut down after 5 seconds in key-on mode but I will try the time lapse later tonight.

Back