DC Pro doesn’t turn on when car turned on

BARDUKE

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got my cam in today, going to update to latest FW later tonight when I get home. Camera isn’t turning on when I turn on my car.

Back to FW, when I format the SD card, do I do it as FAT32?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have the HW kit yet, but am interested in getting it. It’s just the 12v adapter right now.

Does the red LED light comes on the cigarette lighter charger adapter (small square box) after you turn on an ignition?

Back to FW, when I format the SD card, do I do it as FAT32?
card needs to be formatted in the camera, if you want to do that to prep it for updating the firmware enter the menu and format the card, after it exits back to the menu pull power and let it shutdown, you'll have a correctly formatted card with no files added, put that in your card reader and copy the bin file onto the card from your PC and you're good to go

Try powering up with rear camera cable unplugged, and memory card left out as a quick test too.

Does the red LED light comes on the cigarette lighter charger adapter (small square box) after you turn on an ignition?

Here's an image

71c3a931c9c99146c55e0f31f5571c31.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, red light comes on when unplugged from the camera. I’m not using the rear cam yet.

Yes, red light comes on when unplugged from the camera. I’m not using the rear cam yet.

Did it ever turn on before? Try to long press and hold power button.

Did you try without the memory card too? If you don’t see anything send us a support email with your details and we’ll take care of you. Our business support card is in every box.

It’s unclear what happened as everything is triple QA checked before they are shipped to Amazon fulfillment or direct from our office.

Yea it turned on without the SD card inserted again. I just want it to turn on when the car turns on. Eventually I’ll get the 3 wire kit to HW it in.

Yea it turned on without the SD card inserted again. I just want it to turn on when the car turns on. Eventually I’ll get the 3 wire kit to HW it in.

If it turns on with no card inserted you could have a bad card. Please confirm.

I tried with 2 cards: 32gb transcend that came with the camera and a 64gb San disk that I have been using for about a week in another camera. Both have been formatted in the SG before use.

I tried with 2 cards: 32gb transcend that came with the camera and a 64gb San disk that I have been using for about a week in another camera. Both have been formatted in the SG before use.

had they been in any other device prior to putting it in the camera?

You said it turns on with no card inserted. I think it's time to do a full long overwrite format using SD Formatter app.

I've seen cards get stuck in a corrupt state after being swapped around from other products or other rare events. (and this fixed it)

After the long full overwrite format, put the card back into the dashcam. It should power up and should automatically ask you to format the card.

i have an issue where i have forgotten what wires i have installed are from the hard wire kit i have that many damn wires hanging around for dash cams.

Back