DC with 3 wire going dark/ shutting down randomly

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
DC came with 1.33 and also 1.34T , I'll come out and find the camera with no REC light or response from the buttons but when mem card is pulled it has current video on it.

Since updating to 1.34T, I reset defaults, reformatted, set to 3-wire input and set to 24 hour 2fps parking mode shutdown. So from what I understand it should never shutdown in parking mode with those settings.

Did you take out the 2 power cables from the fuses for the HW kit after updating to 1.34T? It seems you need to completely disconnect power after updating FW to fix power related issues to reset it and ensure the new FW does everything properly.

What voltage cutoff value are you using? (Dip switch on SGDCHW) You might need to lower it to the next one.

Did you take out the 2 power cables from the fuses for the HW kit after updating to 1.34T? It seems you need to completely disconnect power after updating FW to fix power related issues to reset it and ensure the new FW does everything properly.

I presume I can just pull the power connector from the cam instead? might be a bit easier to get to.

What voltage cutoff value are you using? (Dip switch on SGDCHW) You might need to lower it to the next one.

I will check and see - it's on the default. I'm pretty sure. My car has an 800 cca battery so I would think it could run a cam for a good long time.

There is no default setting from the factory you’ll need to read the value. You’ll see 4 dip-switch positions.

121ff0dbad4473cbd8c8709cc61ccdd6.png

mine still shuts down at irregular intervals since updating to 1.33t, dont know why.

yep, still the same for some reason, still checking it out though.

what you mean pull power cable out? i have set it to 3 wire.

I think Rick recommended us to pull the power cable or fuse taps out after updating any FW related to the power supply. That seems to fully reset things with a proper power down after an update
what you mean pull power cable out? i have set it to 3 wire.

It can vary so there is no official default. You set it to what works depending on vehicle and weather.

Ok, set to 11.8, pulled the two fuse tape, waited 5 minutes, replugged them. Then reloaded firmware, reset to defaults, reformatted. Turned ignition off, verified the rec light was flashing after locked car. Video apparently ran for about 1 minute after that. settings to 3-wire and 24 hour run in parking mode.

When I went to car just now this morning, was not recording, cam was unresponsive except REC light would come on for 1/2 sec when pwr pressed. no other buttons would do anything..

Back