DC with 3 wire going dark/ shutting down randomly

Are you saying it only recoded 1 minute after ignition is off?

Are you seeing the clock circle icon on the upper right side of the screen once ignition is off? (After a delay) That indicates parking mode has started

According to the timestamp and I can see myself walk in front of the car that is the last video clip of 3 minutes It was very late and I didn't stick around to see how long it might record. Figured I'd see what was on the mem card this morning. I cannot verify a clock icon but will check.

2F52BE0F-EBA5-4804-BAFC-5E3E32FFAC6A.jpeg

It shut off entirely 1 minute or so after I took this picture. I've disconnected the rear cam to try to eliminate anything i can to simplify this.

Have you cheeked the minus connection to the HW kit, it is often those that mess up for people when they use a unfortunate screw.

I see 1080P60 on the screen, does this mean you are not using the rear channel? (can only run 60FPS in single channel) Maybe there is a bug running in single channel mode we haven't realized yet.

I see 1080P60 on the screen, does this mean you are not using the rear channel? (can only run 60FPS in single channel) Maybe there is a bug running in single channel mode we haven't realized yet.

as I mentioned I removed the rear cam as to try to simplify a bit.

When I went to car just now this morning, was not recording, cam was unresponsive except REC light would come on for 1/2 sec when pwr pressed. no other buttons would do anything..

if ignition is off you have to long press the power button for it to power on, a short press won't do it in the later firmwares

Since updating to 1.34T, I reset defaults, reformatted, set to 3-wire input and set to 24 hour 2fps parking mode shutdown. So from what I understand it should never shutdown in parking mode with those settings.

it would shutdown after 24 hours, you'd need a good battery though, if it's shutting down quickly that's generally an indicator of a voltage issue, how big, and how old is the battery?

If it goes off after a few minutes it will be power related, not firmware. (Just got your private message that the other firmware didn’t change anything)

Do you have a multimeter to monitor/check voltages? That would be next.

A poor ground connection will affect voltages also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+a+multimeter+12v+car

Ok just getting discouraged. Not a newbie to this kind of thing and that’s why it frustrates me.

Meaning not a newbie at things like Radar detectors, stereos in electronics in cars. Just never used a multi meter, I know that makes no sense LOL.

Well using a multi meter are new to me too in car use, and i have managed to wire up some cars ( well mostly my own cars ) so bad with wires in the garden hose size and capacitors larger than hand-grenades
And i never used a multimeter then, but putting extra high beams on my Mitsubishi pickup i did make a wire smoke and burn the driver side floor mat, but that was also my first time working with a relay.
But as i have ventured into my own and friends fuse box lately i have been forced to use a multi meter to figure what is live and when.

After reading this post I too am having the same issues @Damn Dirty Ape is having. Just wondering when your camera turns off does the light in the hardwire kit turn off too?

If it goes off after a few minutes it will be power related, not firmware. (Just got your private message that the other firmware didn’t change anything)

I am wondering if this is the case for me. If I got a bad ground my voltage may drop then go back up. However, I thought if it drops the hardwire kit light will remain off even if it goes back up

I am wondering if this is the case for me. If I got a bad ground my voltage may drop then go back up. However, I thought if it drops the hardwire kit light will remain off even if it goes back up

the light goes off once the voltage drop kicks in, even if the voltage rises again the light will not come back on, however if the permanent power cuts and resumes the hardwire kit will turn back on but the camera will not start without ACC power being present

After reading this post I too am having the same issues @Damn Dirty Ape is having. Just wondering when your camera turns off does the light in the hardwire kit turn off too?

Yes my cam is out for the count until a recycle of power from the 'driving' mode powers it back up/

Checked all connections, good ground. I remember you asked for my address to send a 3-wire to test out - when should I be expecting it?

Checked all connections, good ground. I remember you asked for my address to send a 3-wire to test out - when should I be expecting it?

I was waiting for @jokiin to confirm that’s what it could be first. I’m out of stock at the local office as well. Should have more by the end of the month.

I was waiting for @jokiin to confirm that’s what it could be first. I’m out of stock at the local office as well. Should have more by the end of the month.

it can't hurt to replace the hardwire kit, can't rule out a fault with that as being the cause without swapping it out, maybe setup a backorder in the system so that you can get one sent out to @Damn Dirty Ape as soon as you get stock in

Back