DDPai Android App

David Dillard

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a firmware update on my app and downloaded it the app is now running 5.7.0.0120 and the camera version is 3.3.2.11...

I noticed now that the time lapse option is no longer available on the settings, parking mode is there, but no time lapse. Is this function now embedded in parking mode or is it gone?

Also I noticed the app does not have a snip mode when downloading the videos anymore. I can only choose when I want the video to start, not end. There is only 1 movable bar...

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes I've noticed and not impressed with the app update. Takes much longer to connect to the camera now.

I had a firmware update on my app and downloaded it the app is now running 5.7.0.0120 and the camera version is 3.3.2.11...

I noticed now that the time lapse option is no longer available on the settings, parking mode is there, but no time lapse. Is this function now embedded in parking mode or is it gone?

Also I noticed the app does not have a snip mode when downloading the videos anymore. I can only choose when I want the video to start, not end. There is only 1 movable bar...

Anyone else have this issue?

Hi!
Did you ever figure out this? Is the time lapse now a part of parking mode?

Time lapse is part of parking mode. In my case after 15 minutes of inactivity the unit switches to time lapse until the battery off time, or seems to. My 2011 Ford Edge has a hot lighter socket so the camera always has power. I do remove the camera however if I am parked during the day as the unit gets really hot, REALLY HOT!

Time lapse is part of parking mode. In my case after 15 minutes of inactivity the unit switches to time lapse until the battery off time, or seems to. My 2011 Ford Edge has a hot lighter socket so the camera always has power. I do remove the camera however if I am parked during the day as the unit gets really hot, REALLY HOT!

Thank you! How long does your battery last? I have mine hardwired to the car's fuse box. Doesn't get too hot.
But I can't figure out if the g shock sensor is working. I tried "shaking" the car while in parking mode but it didn't switch over to the red recording light.
Should the camera play an alert sound if the g shock has been activated while in parking mode?

My DDpai M6+ is working correctly, as advertised. It is installed in a 2011 Ford Edge which has an always on 12v source and I use a Samsung Note 4 phone.

I have the unit set for 15 minutes of video after parking and 6hrs for power off.
Wednesday evening I parked the car in our garage at 19:41.
Video clips continued until 19:54 (approximately 15minutes).
The unit then switched to time lapse photos until 01:44 (approximately 6hrs).
The unit then shut itself off until I started the engine, approximately 8:49am.

The video quality is excellent and overall I am quite pleased with this unit.
I would rate it at 4*. Caveats preventing a 5* rating are:
1. the unit gets very hot so it should be removed if it will be parked in the direct sunlight for several hours.
2. that the user/owner needs to have some knowledge of modern phones and computers.

Back