DDPai dashcam downloader

invent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have developed a tool to download the recordings from the IRO (ddpai based) dashcam automatically to a PC. I'm not sure how different this is from a standard DDPai dashcam, I'm guessing not too different but these things are not well documented!
The tool is a python script and checks every 10 minutes for new recordings to appear over wifi. It then compares thumbnails to understand the periods when the vehicle is in use, downloads the relevant files and then joins them together into one video per journey. The main requirements are a camera running 24x7, a good enough wifi signal to the device and a computer to run it on (docker being the easiest approach). The camera runs in AP wifi mode so some kind of wifi bridge / interface is required to get that connectivity.

invent-uk/dado

Interesting. Will have look at this to see if it works on my DDpai M6 plus.

I have developed a tool to download the recordings from the IRO (ddpai based) dashcam automatically to a PC. I'm not sure how different this is from a standard DDPai dashcam, I'm guessing not too different but these things are not well documented!
The tool is a python script and checks every 10 minutes for new recordings to appear over wifi. It then compares thumbnails to understand the periods when the vehicle is in use, downloads the relevant files and then joins them together into one video per journey. The main requirements are a camera running 24x7, a good enough wifi signal to the device and a computer to run it on (docker being the easiest approach). The camera runs in AP wifi mode so some kind of wifi bridge / interface is required to get that connectivity.

invent-uk/dado
Hi. I'm noob about the github thing. Can you teach me how to do it using github?

Hi. I'm noob about the github thing. Can you teach me how to do it using github?
github is just a software repository. If you don't want to install the 'git' tools you can download all programs by saving them directly from your browser.
The 'docker' is not really needed for downloading videos and you can also comment out the motion detection+scikit part.
The python3 installation and some basic python understanding are necessary.
I have tested it now on mola N3 (it works !) and it should work on all other modern ddpai dashcams.
It does not work out of the box on my M4+ (this old dashcam is missing the 'Date' field in the HTTP response header), so some code tweaking is required.

Back