DDPai M6+ and Dashcam Viewer

SteveJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo.
Hi, I've had my M6+ for around a week now, and have the latest firmware. I've also downloaded today the latest version of Dashcam Viewer, however I'm having no joy with showing any gps data!
Maybe I'm just not doing things right, but when Dashcam Viewer starts I tell it which video files to load (from the micro SD), and the video plays fine, but no gps data.
I was assuming.....rightly or wrongly, that the program would automatically find the folder with the gps data, but it doesn't. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong, and better still, please point me in the right direction.
One more problem I seem to have is a slight buzzing on the sound when going over small bumps. I assumed the new magnetic connector had eliminated this, but maybe it hasn't.
And the last thing, I'm using an iPhone 5C and an iPad Air2 to access the wifi connection, and it's very hit and miss, with the signal coming and going regularly. Is this a common occurrence?

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The buzzing has been reported by others, including me. It's my opinion that the microphone is so good that it's picking up vibrations in the car.

It's been a while since I used Dashcam Viewer, but I think it should pick up the gps files automatically if they are in the same folder structure as the microSD card.

I haven't had any experience with poor wifi connection. It's worked every time for me. I have an iPhone 6.

Hi, I've had my M6+ for around a week now, and have the latest firmware. I've also downloaded today the latest version of Dashcam Viewer, however I'm having no joy with showing any gps data!
Maybe I'm just not doing things right, but when Dashcam Viewer starts I tell it which video files to load (from the micro SD), and the video plays fine, but no gps data.
I was assuming.....rightly or wrongly, that the program would automatically find the folder with the gps data, but it doesn't. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong, and better still, please point me in the right direction.
One more problem I seem to have is a slight buzzing on the sound when going over small bumps. I assumed the new magnetic connector had eliminated this, but maybe it hasn't.
And the last thing, I'm using an iPhone 5C and an iPad Air2 to access the wifi connection, and it's very hit and miss, with the signal coming and going regularly. Is this a common occurrence?

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. I recommend checking your original set up - I have an android phone and it is clear that the connection is set up via the ddpai software, not through normal wifi set up. In recent days an english version of the Apple store app has been uploaded - check whether youu have used this - if not you probably have to uninstall and install the new version. This might fix your wifi problem.
2. Also in your original set up check the settings to ensure that GPS is working properly - GPS info can be loaded to a separate folder. Try both options - recording this separately or as part of normal set up.
3. Dashcam viewer seems to be indicating in the list of suppported dash cams that it supports a Windows version at 1080p . If you look at the faqs for dashcam viewer you will find what, at this stage, appears to be very helpful support advice from the developer asking for information on your memory card image plus somne files so the developer can test. https://dashcamviewer.com/faq/ Note that the reference to 1080p may imply that the developer set up the info for the supported M6 version rather than the M6 + (although he/she indicates M6 +).

Best wishes, as a new buyer myself waiting for my memory card to arrive.

David

I was assuming.....rightly or wrongly, that the program would automatically find the folder with the gps data, but it doesn't.

GPS data was working in Dashcam viewer earlier this month for me but since the latest firmware update it no longer works.

Back