DDpai M6+ App settings

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO (front cam only)
Has anybody figured out what this setting on the App does?

Go to Me/Settings/App Advanced Settings. Allow saving the driving data.

It's off by default. I have no idea what it would do if enabled.

this platform has the ability to save the GPS route info as a separate function and have 7 days of travel history stored, how it's named depends on the vendor but I'd take a stab that this is the function they are referring to as driving data in their app

What is the app storage management setting? No matter what I do (whatever I set the value to on: Set reserved space). it says "insufficient storage available, please delete some files to free space." Under this it says capacity 55GB Now there is a pie chart showing 44 GB in yellow and 11GB in grey. Under this it says existing images: 0. 12044more can be saved at most. (Below this) Existing videos: 0. 2454more can be saved at most.

Total bloody gibberish ! Does the pie chart refer to the sd card or the space left on my iphone? Why doesn't it alter when I change the 'set reserved space' value?

If I increase the reserved space it tells me I can store fewer pictures and less video - so I think the app storage management setting is to reserve space for the phone.

At the bottom it says xxxx more videos/photos can be stored.

"The existing memory is not sufficient, please delete..." message is always there though.

As far as which storage - the size should tell you.

Mine is managing the 64GB sd card on a device that has a card - and the 16GB internal memory on a device that doesn't have a card.

Last edited:
Interesting. I did a proper complete shut down on my iphone and then restarted it. It updated available memory and now altering the values works. Got a bit confused with the "Existing" bit. I now realize the 0 referred to the files stored and the number after was how many could be stored and not only 0.12044 of a file could be stored! I thought this was a bit odd! Silly me!! Thanks GTG.

Reactions: GTG
Back