DDPAI M6+ Failed

antoine

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello guys, hope you can help me.

I tried updating my DDPAI M6+ and it failed, so I left the app and turned off power. (I think my sd card was failing and the update was corrupted :/ )

Now the Dashcam is stuck on the constant red light and a flashing green light.

There is no wifi signal.

I have tried : To put the update on a blank new sd card and wait : nothing
To press the reset button : Nothing

I don't know what else I can do to get my dashcam back to life

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
The Red light is the power and should be on, the flashing green means recording and the blue lights up when you have a GPS fix. The reset button puts wifi back to initial set up name and password. How you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and then seeing if it sees your ddpai? If not then it could be faulty. Is it recording to another non faulty SD card?

It is not recording on the new sdcard. It isn't even playing the "hello" sound. I don't think it is turning on.

I will try to leave it unplugged during the holidays, it seem to have worked for some people (yay 20h drive without a dashcam). But if that doesn't do it, I'll be fcxkd because I had it as a present and my options to return it seem limited. :(

What I think happened is the corrupted update file on the faulty sdcard broke something in the dashcam's software, and I'm hoping someone has a solution to fix it.

(It won't update when I put the sdcard with the update folder in it)

Techmoan seemed to use a Transcend Card with great success. Maybe that's the way to go with these cameras.

As for Wifi / GPS, lets just hope they get the issue sorted.

Can't fault mine, perfect.

Many issues are traced back to memory cards.
... and there are a huge number of dodgy /fake memory cards around, especially Sandisk. Only ever buy a card from a trusted source, never on eBay etc.

Mine won't even work when the temp gets about 90 degrees Fahrenheit inside the car. Not only that, but the cheap Chinese plastic became so brittle it broke in half while tightening the camera in place. I've had it since December.

Had to return the DDPai M6+ as they fail due to not been able to take even moderate ambient temperatures, and the magnetic mount is only suitable for vehicles with soft suspension on good roads.

My M6 Plus failed this summer (2017) when it was about 7 months old.
Not recording, no WiFi. Power light on but guess it's the temperature intolerance that has plagued this device.
Bought mine via ebay from a Chinese supplier - They have never replied to any emails (despite their listing saying the units are guaranteed for 12 months). Paid with PayPal but they only cover help for 6 months.
I'm now planning to dismantle it and attempt to replace the battery pack, but think it's likely a write off.
Now looking for something equally good but with a capacitive supply.

Hi help
I have had the same problems with my M6.
working great then just stopped could get no Wi Fi no blue light just the red and green lights showing.

Did anyone get any help in a solution to it?

Same here, did anyone find an answer? These are not cheap :(

Just get red and green lights, nothing else out of it. Tried downloading a firmware file and copying the update folder to the SD card then powering up, in case it needed re-flashing... still no luck.... also tried updating the update.sh to at least place a file called 'test' on the SD card... nothing.... so it's as if it's not even reading the card (or any other card as I've tried others)

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to fix/repair this?
1 of mine has failed.

Has anyone managed to fix/repair this?
1 of mine has failed.

I didn’t bother, I purchased a VIOFO A120 pro duo a very good camera so far so good.
This replaced my original Möbius camera I only upgraded it, it ran for many years without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t bother, I purchased a VIOFO A120 pro duo a very good camera so far so good.
This replaced my original Möbius camera I only upgraded it, it ran for many years without issue.

Do you mean the VIOFO A129 pro duo?
Iv been looking at them and the AUKEY DR02 D but I think they look really cheap so I'm swaying towards a DDPAI N3.
My m6 plus has lasted about 3/4 years and 1 of them years it was on 24/7 as it was used as a house camera so im pretty impressed by it.

Do you mean the VIOFO A129 pro duo?
Iv been looking at them and the AUKEY DR02 D but I think they look really cheap so I'm swaying towards a DDPAI N3.
My m6 plus has lasted about 3/4 years and 1 of them years it was on 24/7 as it was used as a house camera so im pretty impressed by it.

Lol yes that’s the one I just checked the box unfortunately my Ddpai only lasted a few months so didn’t bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DDPAI M6+ failed some time ago. I purchased mine from Amazon and they stopped selling them and gave me a full refund.

My DDPAI M6+ failed some time ago. I purchased mine from Amazon and they stopped selling them and gave me a full refund.

That’s good!
I gave up with mine I was very disappointed with it, it’s features and spec was very good of its time though.

Back