DDPai M6+ Mac/OSX unable to read FAT32 SDXC Card

Tom Bjerre

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi,
I've tried to find a DDPai support forum, but since I haven't found it I'll try asking for help here.
I have a M6+ with a 128GB SDXC card (SanDisk). After formatting it in the M6+ it works fine in the camera, but the formatting is not a standard exFAT, but instead an unsupported tweak to FAT32. Windows 10 can actually read the card (but cannot format it to FAT32 due to the size not being support by the standard). I have tried various formatting tools, but i havn't been able to find a format that both the camera and Max OS X Sierra will accept.
This is really annoying since I don't own a pc, and will have to lend one to view the files (I know I can use the app, but finding the clip is difficult and downloading to the phone is sloooooow). Any suggestion for a fix, or if DDPai watches this thread, then please change the SDXC formatting to exFAT which is readable by both Windows and OS X.

Best regards, Tom

Format the card to FAT32 on your Mac, and it will work fine in the camera and both Mac and Windows.

Dear Paul

Thanks for your reply. You can't format a 128 GB card to FAT32 in neither Windows nor OS X - the FAT32 specification only support up to 32 GB. The device uses some kinds of tweak to do a non standard FAT32 like format of the 128GB card, which Windows appears to accept, but not OS X.

Best regards, Tom

Windows just can't do it natively itself, it can be done in Windows though, Mac can do it from a terminal prompt

SD Formatter is the official tool which will only format the cards to the correct standard, FAT32formatter or similar is what you need

Dear Paul

Thanks for your reply. You can't format a 128 GB card to FAT32 in neither Windows nor OS X - the FAT32 specification only support up to 32 GB. The device uses some kinds of tweak to do a non standard FAT32 like format of the 128GB card, which Windows appears to accept, but not OS X.

Best regards, Tom
Well, I formatted a 64GB microSD card in FAT32 on my Mac, so maybe that spec is out of date?

Back