DDPai M6+ Not recording trip

TechDabbler

Reaction score
Country
United States
After watching Techmoan’s review of the DDPai M6+ I thought I would try it out as my first Dash Cam. I downloaded the App (android) tested my connection, all good. Got it nicely mounted/wired in my Vehicle. I also put a 64 GB memory card in it and successfully formatted using the dash cam. The thing that appealed to me about this Dash Cam was that I could easily remove it and toss it in my glove box.

My only problem is that it does not record my trip. It only records if I push the remote button. I assumed the dash cam is supposed to record my entire trip, am I wrong? Another annoying nuance about this camera is that the map default location is somewhere in China (I think). Forgive my ignorance if it is not China. If I double-tap the locator icon it will bring me to my current location. Anyone else seeing this? Am I being daft and missing some obvious setting?

Sorry if I'm stating what you already know, but the cam records the trip onto the 64GB card, which has to be removed and put into a computer to be edited and played. The push button just takes a photo and (sometimes) downloads a very short video onto the Android device.

Now that my M6+ has the up to date software, it locates me correctly. Have you updated the firmware yet?

It's official, I am daft...I was assuming I could download the video clips using the cell phone. I put the card in my computer and am looking at some really great video, thank you! ...and yes I updated the firmware. Now I am happy with my purchase! I'm going to read more in this forum to see if I can pick up any more tips about this dash cam. Thank you again!

It's official, I am daft...I was assuming I could download the video clips using the cell phone. I put the card in my computer and am looking at some really great video, thank you! ...and yes I updated the firmware. Now I am happy with my purchase! I'm going to read more in this forum to see if I can pick up any more tips about this dash cam. Thank you again!
You can download video files to your phone/device WHEN the camera is on. When the camera is off, this is not possible unless you take the sd card out and plug it into your computer.

Back