DDpai M6+ Playback of videos on PC

Spanishesi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Having recently installed this dashcam, I've been trying to get familiar with it. I was reviewing video files from the microSD card plugged into my PC, using Windows Media Player.

Just randomly sampling the 3-minute videos, most of them were clear as expected. Then I found hours worth of videos that were blotchy, highly pixelated, and unusable. I actually found the point at which one file was normal, and then the very next one and subsequent ones were a disaster.

Then videos produced on the next day were again back to normal.

I discovered that ALL videos looked normal when I used VLC media player, but SOME videos are terrible when viewed on Windows Media Player.

My bottom line concern is whether something is failing in the DDpai M6+. I'd think that if some videos played back normally on windows Media Player, then all of them would play back normally.

Any thoughts?

Having recently installed this dashcam, I've been trying to get familiar with it. I was reviewing video files from the microSD card plugged into my PC, using Windows Media Player.

Just randomly sampling the 3-minute videos, most of them were clear as expected. Then I found hours worth of videos that were blotchy, highly pixelated, and unusable. I actually found the point at which one file was normal, and then the very next one and subsequent ones were a disaster.

Then videos produced on the next day were again back to normal.

I discovered that ALL videos looked normal when I used VLC media player, but SOME videos are terrible when viewed on Windows Media Player.

My bottom line concern is whether something is failing in the DDpai M6+. I'd think that if some videos played back normally on windows Media Player, then all of them would play back normally.

Any thoughts?
some weak computer cant play smooth video on WMP. That's the reason why we have many diffirent media player.

some weak computer cant play smooth video on WMP. That's the reason why we have many diffirent media player.

Thanks for the insight. I played one of the choppy videos on a faster computer, still using WMP, and it played normally. Although this doesn't explain why my slower computer can play some videos with WMP but not other ones, it probably doesn't matter. The problem evidently is with my slower computer, and not with the performance of the DDpai.

Back