DDPai M6 Plus

JakeVooDoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had this Dash Cam for about 2 months and love it! Still need to hardware a power source to the device, will update how I did it once it is completed.

Anything new from the DDPai user community?

If you do get it hardwired, it would be interesting to know the hardwire kit used and if your M6+ works in park mode.

I've had mine for about one and a half months and is working great. For parking mode use I just have a power bank sitting in my centre console and I just connect the cable from the camera to it when parking the car. It's a slight inconvenience but I've gotten used to it. I thought about hard wiring it to the car battery but seemed too much work especially since I'm selling the car soon. The power bank I used is a Xiaomi 20000mAh one that I bought from eBay. I have to charge it every 4 days or so.

Useful tip using a power bank, I have one but never thought about using it. All I have to do now is buy a new dash cam as it was in my car when it was stolen recently, together with my new TomTom satnav and spare mobile phone. Not buying a car with keyless start/entry again, too easy to capture/jam remote frequency with lots of cheap gadgets. So I assume the power bank works in parked mode and not record video full time?

I bought a large Power bank with Pass-through - so when driving it would charge, and when stationary it would use the Powerbank.

Unfortunately the Pass-through doesn't always work, the Auto ON doesn't work, and Auto Off does.
Manufacturer refunded me immediately, so clearly a known issue - I now have the wired-in box (but not yet wired it in!!).

But worth considering the power bank if you can find Auto On, and Pass-through that works.

I wonder, did anyone succeed in powering the parking mode with a pass-through powerbank? And what capacity do you need for, say 10 hours parking mode?

In the end I purchased a hard wire kit and it works great. Installed my self without a problem connecting a 'piggy back' fuse lead to an empty fuse space in the fuse box.
The only problem I have is when the stop/start function in eco mode turns the engine off, it also cuts power to the M6+ until the engine auto re-starts. Otherwise everything including the park mode works fine.

I wonder, did anyone succeed in powering the parking mode with a pass-through powerbank? And what capacity do you need for, say 10 hours parking mode?

Someone else on this forum says that this camera draws ~3 watts in parking mode and assuming around 12V

Going off of the example formula found here: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130505122001AAXfO7u
40Watts / 12 V = 3.33A= 3333mA
5000mAh / 3333mA= 1.5hours or 1 hours 30 minutes

Converting this to a useful formula:
x mAh / (y Watts / z V) = h hours
h hours = x mAh / (3 Watts / 12 V)
> h hours = x mAh / (1/4 Watts / V)
> h hours = x mAh / (1/4 A)
> h hours = x mAh / (250 mA)
>> x mAh = h hours * (250 mA)

For 10 hours:
x mAh = 10 hours * 250 mA = 2500 mAh

I recently bought a 20100mAh battery, I'm curious to know how many hours to expect:
Using Formula: > h hours = x mAh / 250 mA

h hours = 20100mAh / 250 mA = 80.4 hours
(Probably want to factor in ~15% less actual time due to real-world conditions)

I'm going to try a pass-through bank to get a little bit of charging while I drive, and add a USB switch to only turn on camera (use the battery bank) when I really need it while parked without having to unplug cables. I'll try to remember to post the results.

Back