DDPai M6+ rattle

allerley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else find this dash-cam still rattles even with the longer lugs designed to prevent the rattle

Has anyone found a way to prevent this annoying sound

Last edited:
Yep that's what I've got. It's installed on my VW T5 camper the screen more vertical than most cars and I guess that's part of the problem. I like the mag mount but the noise sucks

I have the rattling problem also, apparently DDPai has not solved this issue. The noise isn't constant but it's enough to bother you considering how much this dash cam costs.

So, does anyone have any ideas for how to resolve it? I noticed a post with another camera where they suggested putting some foam in the slide-in mount to tighten it up. Not sure if that would do any good here. I've been thinking about taping the camera to the mount with packing tape to see if that stopped it. That would, at least in my mind, confirm that the problem is the magnetic mount. If it is the magnetic mount, there's not much that can be done until DDpai resolves it (if they ever do.)

Is this rattle comes from mount part that slides into the windshield bracket or from mount part which attaches to main unit magnet ?

Is this rattle comes from mount part that slides into the windshield bracket or from mount part which attaches to main unit magnet ?
That's what I'm not sure about. I need to figure out how to eliminate one or the other to see which it is.

That's what I'm not sure about. I need to figure out how to eliminate one or the other to see which it is.

Then 1st easier step is to eliminate windshield side mount rattle. Take two stripes of electrical tape and stick them on each side from centre "hook". You may need 2-3 layers of tape on each side. Check for rattle after each layer applied.

Then 1st easier step is to eliminate windshield side mount rattle. Take two stripes of electrical tape and stick them on each side from centre "hook". You may need 2-3 layers of tape on each side. Check for rattle after each layer applied.
I took it out for a spin today. On the way out, I taped the mount to the windshield using packing tape. On the way back, I taped the camera to the mount. Neither made any difference. The buzz is still there every time I hit a bump. I should mention that there are plenty of other vibrations in the car when it hits rough spots, so it might not even be the camera. In fact, since the sound is rather muffled, I'm inclined to think the camera is picking up sounds in the car. The audio on this camera is very good. Good enough that with the radio turned down very low, I still got copyright complaints when I included audio in the videos I posted on Youtube.

IOW, I'm not entirely convinced that the sound is coming from the camera.

when the rattle is internal it's generally louder than all other sounds picked up, the camera will often pick up a sound of a vibrating trim piece or similar that you can't hear yourself in normal circumstances which can be deceiving also

I took it out for a spin today. On the way out, I taped the mount to the windshield using packing tape. On the way back, I taped the camera to the mount. Neither made any difference. The buzz is still there every time I hit a bump. I should mention that there are plenty of other vibrations in the car when it hits rough spots, so it might not even be the camera. In fact, since the sound is rather muffled, I'm inclined to think the camera is picking up sounds in the car. The audio on this camera is very good. Good enough that with the radio turned down very low, I still got copyright complaints when I included audio in the videos I posted on Youtube.

IOW, I'm not entirely convinced that the sound is coming from the camera.
Can you upload some video so we can hear that rattle and give our opinion based on previous experience.

when the rattle is internal it's generally louder than all other sounds picked up, the camera will often pick up a sound of a vibrating trim piece or similar that you can't hear yourself in normal circumstances which can be deceiving also
That's exactly what I was thinking. The microphone picks up everything, even my sighs and breathing, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's just picking up the road noise that's in the car when it hits a bump. As you say, when something happens close to the camera, it's VERY loud. For example, I have the sound turned down to 6%. So I can't hear the voice commands such as the GPS lock, unless I listen very closely. But in the videos, they are VERY loud. I would think if this was a camera vibration, it would be deafening considering the sensitivity of the mic.

Last edited:
listening to that I would say the sound is internal, not so much because something is loose but it seems like they have the gain wound up too much and it's far too sensitive so noise transmitted through the mount is picked up quite loudly, I think that's a by product of the ability to hear a whisper due to just how sensitive it is

You can hear it in this video.

This is normal sound (@ "rattle") with many dashcams when you driving over road surface joints, due to whole car body get rattle and transfers it to dashcam no matter how stiff would be mount you still would get rattle. Maybe only those dashcams which has flush mount ( with no "hanging arm" ) they might have less rattle. But I think your dascham is fine here.

I get exactly the same noise. Must be dash cam related I think. I'm going to work on it this weekend to see if I can cure it

Excuse the crap songs on the late night radio. The windscreen is a bit smeared also as it was the first rain for a while. But you can clearly hear the rattle

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. I don't think it's big enough of a problem(at least for me) to switch cams. I'm still very happy with the quality and the ease of downloading clips via app.

I've mostly only noticed it when I'm on bad roads(plenty in Texas). Here's a few minutes of driving with the M6+ in a GTI.

I had an idea today. I may try it one of these days. If you remove the camera WITH its mount (from the piece held on with adhesive), the camera will still function but will not be mechanically connected to the car. Then you could drive around and see if the noise is still there. I suspect it won't be, because it sure sounds like the camera is picking up vibration noises from the car itself. If it was the magnetic mount, I would expect the noise to be much louder.

Back