DDPai M6+ Techmoan's latest droolfest

Long time dashcam user, first time poster ... big thing for me that this has is the parking mode ...
Welcome to DCT. It's not advisable to use a dashcam containing an internal battery when parked, regardless of climate.

If you particularly like the brand consider the DDPai Mini 2, which has a capacitor instead of battery. Or consider the Thinkware F50 ... capacitor, inbuilt low-voltage protection, & real pre-buffered parking mode.

Welcome to DCT. It's not advisable to use a dashcam containing an internal battery when parked, regardless of climate.

If you particularly like the brand consider the DDPai Mini 2, which has a capacitor instead of battery. Or consider the Thinkware F50 ... capacitor, inbuilt low-voltage protection, & real pre-buffered parking mode.
and how about a119 capacitor camera?

Depending on the time of year a review is done certain issues may not be apparent. Heat distortion of the lens is unlikely to be seen in winter. It is possible that 500 good quality lithium ion batteries were sent out along with 2,000 bad ones. That battery in his dash cam may not fail because it is accidentally of better than average quality. I see failing batteries as a battery not a dash cam failure. I still want capacitors instead of batteries.

When any product is used short term no long term quality claims can be made or inferred.

If Techmoan uses a dash cam for 30 days he will not know if it typically self destructs on day 49.

An interesting question was brought up in this thread. Are the early production runs of better or worse quality compared to later versions? The mini series seemed to have bad first batches and then improved. The mobius had a metal lens holder then went to plastic that deforms in hot sun. Is it better to buy the first match or the last? if I get a dash cam that works well long term do I care of the same dash cam fails a lot for other people?

If a dash cam works well how can anyone get mad when it is given a great review just because many others of the same make fail?

I do not think that Techmoan fakes his reviews. I do not think he holds onto his test subjects long enough to verify long term performance. How can we get angry knowing these limitations apply to his reviews?

I agree with what you have said. I'm just researching dash cams for my first buy and read the [in my opinion] excellent review by Techmoan. He is very upfront about this. He said in his M6+ review:
"I've been using this in my car for six weeks ... " and in his guide to dashcams
http://www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/
"I can't test anything for more than a few weeks, so long term reliabilty problems will only be identified by owners of the cameras, therefore it's really worth spending 10 mins reading through any owners comments under each article."
So I think he is very clear that he is reviewing functionality not long term performance - same as many reviewers of many products

Has anyone had issues with the remote? When I press the remote the blue light on the remote illuminates but no snap shot is taken. I can take a snap shot with the app but it does not take a 10 sec video (as I have set in the app). Is there a way to get the remote working or should i just exchange the unit? Thanks!

Has anyone had issues with the remote? When I press the remote the blue light on the remote illuminates but no snap shot is taken. I can take a snap shot with the app but it does not take a 10 sec video (as I have set in the app). Is there a way to get the remote working or should i just exchange the unit? Thanks!
***UPDATE*** got the remote working via the remote pairing setting in camera advanced settings in the app.

Mine started to rattle after a month, not from the mahnetic joint but the joint between the sticky pad disc and the base. A piece of 3m foam adhesive tape solved it.

I recently purchased the M6 plus and after switching on the camera the first recorded clip is always glitched. I've noticed this on every first clip the sound isn't in sync with the video and approx 20 secs before the 3:00 clip ends the picture scrambles and then turns grey until the video returns with no sound for the last five seconds or so. The next clip is ok.
I have updated the firmware to latest version.

Anyone having this problem?

Edit: After looking at my clips more closely I can confirm the audio is out of sync by 15 seconds. The time on the media player stops at 2:45 along with the audio. The timer stays stuck on 2:45 while the video continues without sound for the last 15 seconds. I've tried both VLC player and Windows media player, exactly the same thing happens on both. The picture doesn't glitch every time I play it so i'm assuming the player does that when the timer stops.

Obviously this isn't a huge problem as the video appears to be complete but I wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Last edited:
tried a different memory card?

I was thinking that but I only have the one 32gb Sandisk. I'll purchase a different card and see if that makes any difference.

Strange how it only happens on the first clip though don't you think?

I was thinking that but I only have the one 32gb Sandisk. I'll purchase a different card and see if that makes any difference.

Strange how it only happens on the first clip though don't you think?

when there's a pattern to a problem you need to ask yourself why, there are some processes that only happen when the camera first starts so it could well be a memory card issue, some Sandisk cards are ok but some of their models are not a great choice for dashcam use, trying a different card can at least see if there's a connection or not

Ok so I bought a 128gb Samsung Evo card as suggested in this thread it's compatible with the M6. I'm getting exactly the same results as the Sandisk card so I guess my camera is faulty.

Is there a way turn off WiFi once everything is working.

Ok so I bought a 128gb Samsung Evo card as suggested in this thread it's compatible with the M6. I'm getting exactly the same results as the Sandisk card so I guess my camera is faulty.
Do you have a try to work with newest version app?

Do you have a try to work with newest version app?

Hi yes, tried new app and it was still the same. It looks like the "GPS" voice is causing the issue as it only happens on the very first 3 min clip. So I think that sound causes the recorded audio to go out of sync.

I've just upgraded the latest firmware tonight so I will see if that has made any difference.

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded the "ticked" app as shown but can't find anywhere to get the camera or app to change to MPH from KM/h.

Go to app advanced settings and change the parameter unit to Imperial System.

Just looking at Techmoan's video review:

At 8:30 he says it doesn't use a battery to record. Does he mean it does have a capacitor?

Also, does the DDPai Mini 2 have ALL the features of the M6+?

Thanks for any info.

Just looking at Techmoan's video review:

At 8:30 he says it doesn't use a battery to record. Does he mean it does have a capacitor?

Also, does the DDPai Mini 2 have ALL the features of the M6+?

Thanks for any info.
No, the M6+ does not have a capacitor. It has a battery. I think Techmoan uses one of those battery packs to power the camera when the car is off.

The DDPai Mini 2 does not have GPS.

Back