Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.
He's definitely got the hots for this one & just shy of £100 in the UK
The DDPAI M6+

$_57.JPG

Just finished watching the video. Yes the DDPai M6 Plus is the best dashcam ever ... or at least it's the one that comes closest to meeting Techmoan's requirements.

May I suggest that you edit the thread title to include the dashcam make / model, as the current title isn't helpful to people browsing the review section.

Last edited:
Have to admit, my boat is starting to float.
Loving the way he's married it to the battery pack for parking mode.
And the WDR does look great.
Not too fussed about the slightly muffled sound, I can call out an idiot's number plate if needs be.
I'd like to see the emergency button (remote control) take a decent slice of the action before the press, 10 seconds either side would be good, a second press creating an additional 10 second file.
I'd also like to see the cam accepting 128GB memory cards for long parking or long journeys. I know I can wifi the clips to my phone (perhaps whilst stopped at a service station, but that means the phone has to be within range of the cam - maybe a cheapo tablet left in the car?)

Size and lithium battery ruins it. No capacitor no care. :eek:

Last edited:
I'd also like to see the cam accepting 128GB memory cards for long parking or long journeys.
Maybe for longer journeys but when the camera's "intelligent" parking mode squeezes 75 mins of footage into a 3 min file, you really don't need a big card. :)

Last edited:
THAT would be my next camera, if only it had a suction cup mount and a screen. :(
The video quality... WOW! And the Huawei chipset looks to be above everything else on the market.

Last edited:
Size and lithium battery ruins it. No capacitor no care. :eek:

THAT would be my next camera, if only it had a suction cup mount and a screen. :(
The video quality... WOW! And the Huawei chipset looks to be above everything on the market.
And this is why companies need to be reading these threads.
Maybe the M6c+ for capacitor version. Maybe also drop the price by £5 and offer the bases for £5 ea. You may find some will buy the standard mount for car & suction cup for a work vehicle (or second car) or even buy a pair of identical mounts to swap the cam.
Not really sure a screen would be of use seeing as all the files can be viewed on a wifi capable device via an app.

Not really sure a screen would be of use seeing as all the files can be viewed on a wifi capable device via an app.
I don't wish for a screen to view the files but to set the camera up, aim it correctly, etc. Not everyone has a phone with WiFi and sure has hell I'm not going to buy one just because of a dashcam! I wouldn't mind if the camera was larger as long as it had a screen, even if it was just a 1,5" one.

Not everyone has a phone with WiFi and sure has hell I'm not going to buy one just because of a dashcam!

You may well have a friend or relative with an obsolete but functional Android phone gathering dust in a drawer, which they would gladly give to you for nothing. If you don't ask you don't get :)

Whatever the pros & cons of this camera may prove to be I find things like bright red circles surrounding the lens and glossy plastic housings to be a shortcoming. The longer I own dash cams, the more I've come to value stealth and consider it to be a key attribute.

Whatever the pros & cons of this camera may prove to be I find things like bright red circles surrounding the lens and glossy plastic housings to be a shortcoming. The longer I own dash cams, the more I've come to value stealth and consider it to be a key attribute.

considering it's a Chinese domestic market product it's pretty discreet, not to our taste but compared to some of the regular bling they have this is toned way down

the magnetic mount probably appeals to people from a convenience standpoint, expect it to come flying off in an accident though, the magnets aren't strong enough to overcome the inertia from a rapid change of pace or direction in an accident situation

considering it's a Chinese domestic market product it's pretty discreet, not to our taste but compared to some of the regular bling they have this is toned way down

the magnetic mount probably appeals to people from a convenience standpoint, expect it to come flying off in an accident though, the magnets aren't strong enough to overcome the inertia from a rapid change of pace or direction in an accident situation
I don't think that should be problem. The most important part is the footage leading to an accident not the aftermath.

I don't think that should be problem. The most important part is the footage leading to an accident not the aftermath.

in a big hit it will go flying and can miss stuff, even suction cup cams suffer from this as inertia takes over, plenty of examples of this on YouTube

in a big hit it will go flying and can miss stuff, even suction cup cams suffer from this as inertia takes over, plenty of examples of this on YouTube
Right but by then the footage would show who was at fault etc.

Are there any capacitor cams with this kind of video quality and WiFi?

This really affirms that dashcams with batteries have no place in a car where Temps get high.

I have to admit thoigh, this unit has an awesome parking function. I think time lapse at 1 fps is perfect for capturing everything you would need in a parking situation while conserving card space.

Any chance a future SG product will have this type of parking function?

You may well have a friend or relative with an obsolete but functional Android phone gathering dust in a drawer, which they would gladly give to you for nothing. If you don't ask you don't get :)
If only things worked that way here in Portugal... Everybody has to have the latest models but no one keep the old ones. They usually sell them on OLX or other similar sites to help pay for the new one!
Besides, I would never go up to a friend of mine and say "Hey, I bought a new dashcam that doesn't have a screen but has WiFi. Can you give me your old smartphone so that I can set it up?". It's not in my nature. :)

Back