DDPai M6+ ~ Timing & GPS Problems

RayJay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else had these problems?
  • The time caption on the video does not match the file time shown on a PC. Typically the caption time is earlier than the file time by varying amounts - 45s to 3m 02s.
  • On the phone the GPS files show parts of Holland & not the my part of the UK as they should. They do not always have an attached video but if they do then the location overlaid on the video gives the correct address although the map is wrong.
DDPai M6+
Firmware - Camera Info = v3.3.1.6
App = 5.4.1.0503

Thanks, Roger

My app is 5.6.5, and the firmware is 3.3.1.8. Perhaps updating will fix the problem.

• The time caption on the video does not match the file time shown on a PC. Typically the caption time is earlier than the file time by varying amounts - 45s to 3m 02s.
  • On the phone the GPS files show parts of Holland & not the my part of the UK as they should. They do not always have an attached video but if they do then the location overlaid on the video gives the correct address although the map is wrong.
DDPai M6+
Firmware - Camera Info = v3.3.1.6
App = 5.4.1.0503

Thanks, Roger

Thanks, Paul,
The update hadn't reached me as of yesterday, will keep checking. Have also just seen this so they seem to be aware of the situation.
Just seen this on their fb page. I figure this is the issue were having?

Please wait us for few days more,DDPAI will release its new app about this weekend,and according to their saying,it has no gps problem if use new app.

We have a check DDPAI team today,and they told us they still test its new oversea version app........

I don't have one of these units, but the time stamp on a file is usually matches the time an application closes it after writing. Techmoan's review said the duration of video clips is 3 minutes and not user changeable - that matches what you are seeing - file is opened, time-stamped frames are written, file is closed and the OS gives the file a timestamp on closing.

Its oversea ios app released already,so if it is possible that you have a test its new app?

Back