ddpai mini 2 review

@Yooshaw I haven't checked the reboot times, only checked if it rebooted or not. I'll check later and let you know. If the high temperature protection is rated that high... There's definitely something weird with our units or if the firmware is controlling some sort of settings within the dash cam... Who knows.

@Moskis at 2K(1440P) with a 64gb (formatted gives you 60gb), the estimated total recording time is about 13:33:49 according to the app/camera. That should give you a clue about other memory sizes.
Great job @Yooshaw!! , thank you so much.

Enviado desde mi Galaxy S7

@Yooshaw Alright, I calculated the time since the 2 reboots it had, based on the footage on the memory card.

The first restart, the gap was only 28 seconds.

The second restart, the gap was 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 53 seconds... (last saved clip time ended at: 12:42:35 [from time-lapse/parking mode]... start of next clip [in regular recording mode]: 13:45:28)

Assuming it's not my car's fault... as I do believe my cigarette power port is constant power, even with engine off, it still provides power without key or anything at 2 locations in my car. I mean, the camera did start back up again when I wasn't back to my car yet at the time...

edit: Updated my original post (#1), reflecting the issue. I will continue with the review, comparing the video quality to other dash camera I currently have, but at the time, I might not be recommending this dash cam due to heat issue of it rebooting.

Thanks so much for checking. Seems to be an overheating issue. I haven't experienced a reboot when driving, but I haven't taken it on a really long trip. 1080P definitely runs cooler, parking mode works much better, but does start acting funny later in the day when it reaches 90+F in direct sunlight, but that is to be expected.

Even when the ddpai mini 2 is running in a cooler condition in the late afternoon/early night and had the AC on, the unit felt cool/warmish to the touch after about 40 minute of driving and it still made the reboot sound... Really not sure what is causing the issue of the camera rebooting in the middle of recording; it's like an instant reboot, right after it finished the 3 minute clip, it restarts the camera and then continue to record (lost 1 minute 13 seconds of footage; no shut down chime, just start up chime)

Updated post #1 and #2 with video footage/screenshot for daytime and nighttime comparing the ddpai mini 2 against the Viofo A119.

Got a reply back from ddpai about the temperature range for the temperature protection.
Temperature protection rated at -20°C ~ 65°C.

Wonder why my reply said 70C?

Wonder why my reply said 70C?

Who knows... maybe each rep have different answers or thought it was a different camera. My response was given from ddpai rep that I've been in contact with; just copy and paste her response.

Tried parking mode in 1080p on Friday; went through my footage and noticed a gap of ~1 hour and 2 minute after maybe 3 hour 30 minute of parking mode before it shut down and reboot after the 1+ hour gap... Temperature-wise that day, it was moderately warm, around 75*F, not sure how hot my car was inside...

Yeah, parking mode is unreliable for me. Actually I just finished modifying my Mini2. I removed the speaker end and have mounted a 5v fan. Couldn't figure out how to get it fully apart though. Will be testing my new set up next week.

if parked in the sun will have been around 125°F inside

Hmm, alright, that is pretty hot. Wish the parking mode was more reliable and withstand higher temperature...

@Yooshaw good luck on testing it and post the results :D

does anyone know how to turn off the annoying shutter sound when using the remote control to capture a video clip ?

does anyone know how to turn off the annoying shutter sound when using the remote control to capture a video clip ?

I haven't connected the remote yet, but if there is no settings for it, I assume you cannot turn it off.

My Ddpai update to 5.2.5.094, and i detect inteligent wifi swap not run properly. Continuosly app is in wifi and not disconnect when i'm not using ddapi app.
That's a problem because i can't use my umts data for other mobile apps.
Did you detect that problem in the update?. I'm doing any thing wrong?.

I don't use an Android device, so I don't know... Or more like I haven't even figured out how to connect it to my Android phones I have. I only have been able to successfully connecting to my iPhone, which the app works fine with my phone data.

Ddpai hide mounted.
22f0960b27fa18d5d6ecfa1e599bfe3b.jpg

Very happy with dashcam and with app.
Thanks.

My Ddpai update to 5.2.5.094, and i detect inteligent wifi swap not run properly. Continuosly app is in wifi and not disconnect when i'm not using ddapi app.
That's a problem because i can't use my umts data for other mobile apps.
Did you detect that problem in the update?. I'm doing any thing wrong?.

I'm not sure it will help, but I had to solve similar case, this time with my iPhone connected to OBD dongle. If it was using automatic connection resolver, then it worked as you described: I wasn't been able to use GSM data. Point is such connection has defined this device IP as a gateway. To make it working, I have added custom WiFi connection, with gateway not set. It forces iOS to open another connection with valid gateway.
As I wrote, it worked for me, with different devices than yours. But it's worth to try.

Many thanks Maxym. Mmmm that's interesting, but i don't finilize to understand, maybe because i use Android. Please, could you explain it with some screen?.
Thanks for your help.

I can see you have S7, so screenshots from iPhone probably will not help.
On the other hand I don't know Android.
However I can try give you some guidelines.
1. Connect your mobile to camera as you did till now
2. go to a connection manager and note down following informations: SSID (WiFi name of your camera), IP address, subnet mask. Wifi password paired with SSID you should know from camera documentation
3. create custom wifi connection (again I don't know how to manage this in Android) entering SSID and password, then IP and address mask. Do not fill DNS as well as gateway. Optionaly uou can try to fill gateway with camera IP address (the same you have already entered). But make sure you didn't fill DNS.

With regards

Hi Maxim.
In android i can't save configuration until at least 3 fields are completed: ip fixed, ip gateway and at least one dns. I think i will complete 3 fields with camera fix ip to try your propousal.
When i go down to the car i will try it and i'll share the test.
Thanks for your help.

Back