Ddpai mini 2p time incorrect

rickvanhek

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So i read on this forum that normally it syncs time by connecting to your phone with wifi, but i checked and it had connection, after an hour drive i checked my app, and it only synced the time when u used the ddpai app. Why is it not syncing this automatically? Opening the app every time will be a huge hassle and wilk be forgotten many times

It should not be needed to sync often, ideally just the 2 times of the year when we change daylight savings.
If it is needed more often it are often to blame on the RTC battery or the battery itself if it is one of those cameras.

I have GPS on my cameras so that way the time get synced every time the camera get GPS lock, and so i just have to change to compensate for daylight savings 2 times a year.
A proper functioning camera still should keep the time/date saved / in order for a week of no activity.

But sync to phone time you have to use the camera APP, as that are sort of the platform the 2 use to talk together, as far as i know it is not possible to do automatic if you had the wifi on both devises.
Though computers can sync to a master server online, i dont think that is the case with phones and dashcams.

Even with the GPS receiver, when the RTC dies it will take the GPS receiver much longer to lock-on the signal so replacing the RTC coin cell battery is still desirable.

@rickvanhek the app is required to push the time to the dashcam.

Back