DDPai Mini 3 Parking Mode Settings

erlendsae

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hello,

Just finished installing the DDPai M3 with the hardwire kit. I just can’t see why I don’t have the parking mode settings in the app, like change from/to 1F per sec or video, active time etc. I attached a screenshot.

Hope some of you have a solution, because now it goes in parkingmode (Blue light) then turn completely off after 10-15 minutes.

Attachments

• 56681831-B334-4678-B2BE-D4F07D2B34FD.png
    56681831-B334-4678-B2BE-D4F07D2B34FD.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 89
Hello friend,

1, How to connect DDPai mini3's proprietory hardwire kit to fuse box:
1), VCC = Yellow = permanent live = realize parking monitor = when car engine on/off---the car battery voltage changes---the camera switches between normal mode and parking mode;
2), ACC = Red = Turn on when car engine on = car cigar lighter = camera on/off when car engine on/off;

2, How to find available fuses:
1), You could check with your car's user manual or call car after-sale service, to let them tell you which fuses are usable;
2), Because diffferent cars has different fuse box, hence, it is a pity that we can't show how to connect with specific fuses.

3, How mini3's parking monitor works:
1), When car engine is on, the camera will start to record normally based on 30FPS;
2), When car engine is off, the hardwire will detect the voltage change and then the camera changes to parking mode 1FPS time lapse recording immediately;
3), When car battery voltage lower than 12.4V or 12V or 11.8V ( you could choose in APP ), then the hardwire will cut off power automatically;
4), The defaulted maximum time of parking monitor is 24 hours, i.e. no matter if the voltage of car battery lower than the set voltage or not, the hardwire kit will cut off power automatically;

Great! I found out that the fuse I used for constant power (indoor light) did turn off after 1 minute. So I need to check tomorrow what other fuse I can use that has power even when the car is off. Thanks for your help :)

Always my pleasure.

BTW, as I can see you are in Norway, pls can I ask where you bought the mini3? Generally speaking, which online platform is popular in Norway? thanks.

I bought from a seller on eBay, but in general Aliexpress is very popular too. :)

@Fabio.he

When I turn off the car engine the camera will go in parking mode immediately or after some time?
How works this if the car has start/stop feature?

@Fabio.he

When I turn off the car engine the camera will go in parking mode immediately or after some time?
How works this if the car has start/stop feature?

How mini3's parking monitor works:
1), When car engine is on, the camera will start to record normally based on 30FPS;
2), When car engine is off, the hardwire will detect the voltage change and then the camera changes to parking mode 1FPS time lapse recording immediately;
3), When car battery voltage lower than 12.4V or 12V or 11.8V ( you could choose in APP ), then the hardwire will cut off power automatically;
4), The defaulted maximum time of parking monitor is 24 hours, i.e. no matter if the voltage of car battery lower than the set voltage or not, the hardwire kit will cut off power automatically;

A stop-start system automatically switches off the engine if the vehicle is stationary, in neutral and the clutch pedal is released. The voltage level in the vehicle electrical system drops briefly.

From your answer I understand that when I'm in the car at a traffic light and the car enters in stop mode, the dashcam will change to parking mode.

Yes, there should be a potential problem if the car has the function of "auto start-stop" ;

I will forward your view to DDPai engineer accordingly, to see if have better solve solution about this, thanks.

Cars with start/stop feature don't have an impact to this camera. If the car enters in stop mode, the camera will still continue to film normally, it will not enter in parking mode. That is because you still have power on the ACC wire, the automobile accessory power is on.

Cars with start/stop feature don't have an impact to this camera. If the car enters in stop mode, the camera will still continue to film normally, it will not enter in parking mode. That is because you still have power on the ACC wire, the automobile accessory power is on.
Hello friend, thanks for your clarification, anyway, I already reported your feedback to DDPai engineer, it is absolutely useful information for them to comprehensively design a good product.

In addition, for previous mentioned problem of blurry image when in too much details, I will continue to push DDPai engineer and hope they could release new firmware a.s.a.p, thanks again.

No problem, so to be clear, the camera enters in parking mode when there is no power on the ACC cable, not because it detects the voltage change.

While the camera was in parking mode(blue led) I did push it in order to simulate a collison and nothing happened. How does the g-sensor work? The came starts filming to 30 fps(the led changes to red) for 2-3 minutes then goes back to parking mode? The file is saved in read-only?

I second daveraux's statement. Unless the accessory-switched power is not present the camera will record as normal, regardless of if the engine stalls etc.
Also, I'm interested in the collision / impact detection workings. I've got the parking mode hard wiring kit on two cars and have played around with them a lot. I'm still a little unsure how the impact detection works as I have noticed on the car with the weakest battery (so likely parking mode will switch off after a while, when it hits the pre-set voltage) on occasion I can enter the car without turning anything in, slam the door and I get the "hello ding ding pai" voice and it looks to enter normal recording mode. I'm guessing this would last for less than three minutes?

Also there are 2 types of parking modes:

- one through the dedicated ddpai mini3 hardwire kit(3 wires - ACC, VCC and GND) where you can select the Baterry protection voltage(12.4V, 12,V 11.8V), so the camera will continue to run until de battery voltage drops under the one you selected in the application.
With this setup you cannot select a duration in hours. The parking mode enters directly without any delays.
Screenshot_20190121-181541_DDPai.jpg

- one through regular hardwire kits(2 wires - ACC and GND) where you can select the amount of time(1H, 6H, 12H, 24H) the camera will run until it will be turned. The parking mode enters after 15-30 min after the engine is turned off.
With this setup you can also select to record normally(30 fps) or shrink the video(1fps) in parking mode.
Screenshot_20190121-184038_DDPai.jpg

Hello,

Just finished installing the DDPai M3 with the hardwire kit. I just can’t see why I don’t have the parking mode settings in the app, like change from/to 1F per sec or video, active time etc. I attached a screenshot.

Hope some of you have a solution, because now it goes in parkingmode (Blue light) then turn completely off after 10-15 minutes.
Can you please tell me where you bought
hardwire kit with non USB port?
Thank you

DDPai mini3 = micro USB connector;
DDPai mini3C = 3.5mm earphone jack.
The model you bought should be DDPai mini3C;
You could check with the seller whom you bought from about when mini3C hardwire kit will be available, thanks.

Can you please tell me how to view live video on app?

Can you please tell me how to view live video on app?
Power on the camera---Take your phone near the camera---connect the camera with phone APP, then:
DDPai APP---Camera---Click play icon (the triangle): then you will see "preview" interface.

You could also visit DDPai APP---On the road(use your home Wi-Fi and then no data cost)---Official video: there is a tutorial video about how to use DDPai APP, thanks.

I did that and all I get is what was al
ready recorded. I'm trying to get live. The how to ddpai video does not show you how to view or playback it only shows set uo.
Thanks for you help!

Back