DDPai Mini 3 Parking Mode Settings

Can anyone confirm how you actually know when the camera is in parking mode? Does the led flash blue, and does that start straight away or there a delay? Does the WiFi connection still work in parking mode?

I have got hold of an Android phone and the battery voltage cut off settings are present in the Android version. They are in Chinese for some reason (app is set to English) so I’m not sure which is which, but I have tried all settings and neither helped.

I’m going to try another hardwire kit, even though my multimeter is telling me the one I have is working. Then I’m sending this back for a refund, there must be better options on the market for this kind of money.

Mine takes approximately 5 seconds to enter parking mode after the ignition is turned off. The LED flashes blue but it's fairly dim. WiFi continues to work in parking mode for at least 15 minutes.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ok I tried a new hardwire kit today. Parking mode still doesn’t work. I have heard from Fabio via amazon, basically a cut-and-paste of the same advice. What he doesn’t seem to understand, or listen to, is the fact the the voltage options are missing from the iPhone app (the Android app has some different options al in Chinese, but neither seem to help).

Not sure what to do now. Try another camera or send it back and look for something else?
Has anyone else found a new camera has helped?

Most likely this going back, customer service is terrible and the app is appalling.

I am having the exact same issue. I have the DDPAI Hardware kit. It is connected correctly but never goes into parking mode. Has any one found a fix for this yet? Firmware update perhaps that is not available by the app download?

No. I’ve now tried 2 hardwire kits, 2 cameras, tested it all with a multimeter (including the end that connects into the camera, and there is power there), different fuse positions... absolutely nothing works. I have even been asked to try connecting both ACC and VCC to VCC see if that causes parking mode to start, but never does.

What is meant to happen is the camera detects the hardwire kit, then new parking gaurs options appear in the app camera settings. These options never appear, so the parking mode can’t be turned on. The battery protection voltage options never appear either, and I think that’s part of the issue (both my cars only supply about 12.2v when the ignition is off.

I suspect a bug in the firmware or app (what else can it be, I’ve tried 2 cams, 2 kits and and verified with multimeter). I have been speaking to the Amazon selling (Fabio on here) who has been speaking to the developer, and apparently an update is coming early next week. Fingers crossed that will help.

No. I’ve now tried 2 hardwire kits, 2 cameras, tested it all with a multimeter (including the end that connects into the camera, and there is power there), different fuse positions... absolutely nothing works. I have even been asked to try connecting both ACC and VCC to VCC see if that causes parking mode to start, but never does.

What is meant to happen is the camera detects the hardwire kit, then new parking gaurs options appear in the app camera settings. These options never appear, so the parking mode can’t be turned on. The battery protection voltage options never appear either, and I think that’s part of the issue (both my cars only supply about 12.2v when the ignition is off.

I suspect a bug in the firmware or app (what else can it be, I’ve tried 2 cams, 2 kits and and verified with multimeter). I have been speaking to the Amazon selling (Fabio on here) who has been speaking to the developer, and apparently an update is coming early next week. Fingers crossed that will help.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Good news if they do come out with an update and is actually fixes this issue that everyone seems to be having. One other question do you have an Iphone or Android phone? I have an Iphone and that seems like a common point in this thread.

To be honest, if Fabio had not been so incredibly helpful I would have sent it all back by now. So kudos to him.

Ok, so the app was updated yesterday. Sadly it makes no difference at all, still no parking mode. The voltage options and Parking Guard on/off are still missing from settings.

There is something fundamentally wrong with these cameras. Maybe the app or a firmware bug.

So to be clear, I have tried...

* 2 hardware kits
* 2 Cameras
* 2 cars (VW Golf Mk7, Vauxhall Astra mk6)
* All tested with voltage multimeter to confirm wired correctly.
* Update to app

Fabio (retailer) has been great, regular communication and help. But I simply can not recommend this camera, which is a shame because the hardware is nice and looks great installed (the best IMO, most cams are way over-engineered).

So it all goes back, and I will be buying the new Garmin Dashcam Mini...

Ok, so the app was updated yesterday. Sadly it makes no difference at all, still no parking mode. The voltage options and Parking Guard on/off are still missing from settings.

There is something fundamentally wrong with these cameras. Maybe the app or a firmware bug.

So to be clear, I have tried...

* 2 hardware kits
* 2 Cameras
* 2 cars (VW Golf Mk7, Vauxhall Astra mk6)
* All tested with voltage multimeter to confirm wired correctly.
* Update to app

Fabio (retailer) has been great, regular communication and help. But I simply can not recommend this camera, which is a shame because the hardware is nice and looks great installed (the best IMO, most cams are way over-engineered).

So it all goes back, and I will be buying the new Garmin Dashcam Mini...
Hey Autopilot, I'm in the same situation as you. Using the iPhone and have the app updated, tried 2 hardware kits, non of them works to show the voltage option.

A question for you, does your car have the auto start/stop feature? Wondering if it could cause a problem.

Hey Autopilot, I'm in the same situation as you. Using the iPhone and have the app updated, tried 2 hardware kits, non of them works to show the voltage option.

A question for you, does your car have the auto start/stop feature? Wondering if it could cause a problem.

No, that’s not the problem.

Anyway, the vehicle still has to supply the power to the things it does, for example your cig lighter socket and electric windows still work when it auto-stops.

Last edited:
No, that’s not the problem.

Anyway, the vehicle still has to supply the power to the things it does, for example your cig lighter socket and electric windows still work when it auto-stops.
My vehicle has the auto stop feature, but since yours don't have it, it should not be a problem.

I also have contacted DDPAI's customer service back and forth directly through its official website, working on this problem. Still not able to figure it out yet.

I will update here any future progress.

I’ve had this email from DDPai...

Hello friend,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the app changed, mini3c do not have cut off voltage setting.
Please return this item, and order the previous version mini3, the previous version have the cut off voltage setting.
Product link: www.amazon.com/Built...sr=1-5
hard wire kit link:www.amazon.com/dp/B079KZ4DH3
Any further question do feel free to contact us.
Best regards

feedback@ddpai.com

So basically they have confirmed that we won’t ever get it working.

I’ve had this email from DDPai...

Hello friend,
Yes the app changed, mini3c do not have cut off voltage setting.
Please return this item, and order the previous version mini3, the previous version have the cut off voltage setting.
Product link: www.amazon.com/Built...sr=1-5
hard wire kit link:www.amazon.com/dp/B079KZ4DH3
Any further question do feel free to contact us.
Best regards

feedback@ddpai.com

So basically they have confirmed that we won’t ever get it working.
I got the reply from Shirly, and received an update firmware for the mini3c. I followed the instruction to install the firmware manually and finally the voltage option is shown in the app.

Here is the instruction for installing the firmware:
1- connect the camera by PC(Please take off the camera mount and use a Android data cable to connect the camera to PC), PC will recognize camera as a USB devices.
2-Download the attached update zip file,and unzip the file.
3- Copy the unzipped updated file into mini3, and then the camera will update automatically, please note: camera need be powered during the whole process.

(The firmware is too large to upload here, so I upload it to google drive and can be download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_xzY8SOvvL5oXODLe07aJHgY6qs1ZzW/view?usp=sharing)
The version is tested on 6/11/2019.

Hi. Yes I got the same email today.

Not had chance to test yet as my wife has the car it’s in today, but I’ll test and report back later.

I’m very happy if it works. It came just in time, I was planning to send the the camera back this week and replace for the Garmin mini, but if this works I’ll be keeping this for sure.

Hello friend,
We have fixed the problem.
Please updated the camera firmware manunlly.
Firmware files is attached. please check it.
The step of firmware updated manunlly :
1- connect the camera by PC(Please take off the camera mount and use a Andior date cable to connect the camera to PC, just like the following picture showed), PC will recognize camera as a USB devices.
3- Copy the unzipped updated file into mini3, and then the camera will update automatically, please note: camera need be powered during the whole process.
After updated the camera can enter parking mode when it power by hard wire kit, and ACC will recongnize the camera.
If you have any problme when you updated the firmware files, please contact us.
We looking for your reply
Best regards
Shirly

feedback@ddpai.com

I got the reply from Shirly, and received an update firmware for the mini3c. I followed the instruction to install the firmware manually and finally the voltage option is shown in the app.

Here is the instruction for installing the firmware:
1- connect the camera by PC(Please take off the camera mount and use a Android data cable to connect the camera to PC), PC will recognize camera as a USB devices.

(The firmware is too large to upload here, so I upload it to google drive and can be download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_xzY8SOvvL5oXODLe07aJHgY6qs1ZzW/view?usp=sharing)
The version is tested on 6/11/2019.

So can you confirm that now you have the voltage setting your camera goes into parking mode now?

Ok, interesting...

I THINK I have updated the firmware. I say think, because they haven’t updated the firmware number - it’s still 4.2.0.38.

But the camera now does not power down now when I turn the ignition off... It keeps flashing orange (not blue). But even though the app is set to time lapse, it doesn’t record time lapse it records normal.

I don’t think this ‘parking mode’, but now it just doesn’t power down.

So it’s kind of fixed, but kind of isn’t.

Can someone else who had the same problem please try and tell us your experience.

Last edited:
To enable parking mode for both front and back cameras do I need two hardwire kits?

Ok, interesting...

I THINK I have updated the firmware. I say think, because they haven’t updated the firmware number - it’s still 4.2.0.38.

But the camera now does not power down now when I turn the ignition off... It keeps flashing orange (not blue). But even though the app is set to time lapse, it doesn’t record time lapse it records normal.

I don’t think this ‘parking mode’, but now it just doesn’t power down.

So it’s kind of fixed, but kind of isn’t.

Can someone else who had the same problem please try and tell us your experience.

I'm in the same position as you. Updated my cam and now stays on all the time. I got the following message from my seller but don't really understand what he means and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

The engineer said , you need to choose the ordinary video to enter the parking mode, as the translation of the parking monitoring mode and the normal recording mode is reversed , so could you please check it ?

Back