DDPai Mini 3 Parking Mode Settings

he means set it to normal mode instead of timelapse mode, menu names seem to be mixed up

Yes, I think that is correct. The app has been updated to fix this, the menu has the right options now, and now parking mode is working properly at last. It also seems to stop recording after the right amount of time (set in the menu).

The camera always flashes orange in parking mode, not blue like people have said it should.

The app is still quite clunky though (used to be much better). When I try and play the time lapse back it plays is super fast. I guess it will have to be downloaded to if it’s to be reviewed properly.

On the whole though I am generally pleased and I will be keeping it and cancelling my order for the Garmin Mini. Although if I was starting from scratch I might have gone for the mini knowing all this.

Also has anyone else noticed the firmware version number has not updated?

Can fellow users please confirm how the updated. Did they copy all the file to the camera root, or copy the actual update folder set to us to the camera root?

Did the update start while plugged into the PC, or after it was connected again to the car?

Also has anyone else noticed the firmware version number has not updated?

Can fellow users please confirm how the updated. Did they copy all the file to the camera root, or copy the actual update folder set to us to the camera root?

Did the update start while plugged into the PC, or after it was connected again to the car?

Didn't take notice of the firmware version before updating. So couldn't tell you.

You need to unzip the folder on the pc then drag all files/folders to the camera root.

The camera started to update as soon as I plugged it into my car. You should hear the camera say 'updating' then it will automatically reboot.

Hi.
Faced same problem as you. Connected mini 3 all 3 wires correct. Found "always hot" and "ignition on" fuses.
But parking mode doesnt want to work. Checked "always hot" fuse voltage = 11.7V when engine is off. Ok, maybe because of low voltage parking mode whont wrok.
So, i made a experiment, when engine was on i checked voltage 13.4V. Should be ok, then i disconected ACC(engine on power) cord, to simulate engine off. But nothing changed - dashcam shutted off instead of going to parking mode.
I'm disappointed :(

Mini 3 - I can't find an answer to this question - How long does the internal 32GB memory last for? How many hours of driving can be stored before it overwrites old recordings?

So there is a mode called dormancy mode for ddpai mini 3, when the car is shut off. Does anybody get a contant orange flashing light or a blue light?

Mini 3 - I can't find an answer to this question - How long does the internal 32GB memory last for? How many hours of driving can be stored before it overwrites old recordings?
3 mins = 128MB file. Starts new file every 3 mins at max resolution. My math makes 12.5 hours.

So there is a mode called dormancy mode for ddpai mini 3, when the car is shut off. Does anybody get a contant orange flashing light or a blue light?
I get orange for on, blue for parking mode. Off for battery saving. Orange flashes when doing some things.

Parking mode seems to work well. Voltage problem maybe old dying battery. VW service manual says battery with voltage less than 12.4 V should be replaced. Ctek charger recondition may improve battery voltage. I had problems during installation as battery voltage ran down with parking lights on auto. Battery improved after charge and recondition but have ordered a new one anyway, since battery life is not expected to be past 24-36 months. 18 months for AGM battery in vehicle with stop-start.

Back