DDPai Mini Parking Mode with HWK

richx

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo, A139, Mola N3, A119v2, B4K
I just installed a Mini in my cousin's budget car, with hardwire power kit. Is it just me, or there's no real parking mode? When I turn off the car power, the camera just shuts down after 15 seconds. The settings for low voltage cutoff also does not appear in the app unlike other models which use the same hardwire kit to power up. I've checked the fuse taps twice, and I have the correct item plugged into the correct sort of fuses. Current firmware (out of the box) is v7.0.0.10 V3 Overseas.

Anyone with similar setup, parking mode working or not, it would be helpful to know if it's the same for you, or somehow you got it to work.

1617877416695.png

1617877538765.png

• Haha
Reactions: EGS
Are you using 3 wire hardwire kit or 2 wire?

For mini, in India, the seller is selling 2 wire kit, which has only 2 wires, one for B+ and the other for Ground. no ACC, that means it won't be able to detect vehicle on or off. it will goto parking mode based on G-sensor. Looks like this is for the international market since the English app also is not showing voltage checks.

But the Chinese support page talks about voltage protection, which means in china they maybe seeing 3 wire HK for mini and Chinese app may have that support also. Did you try Chinese apk?

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 7.29.45 AM.png

I've tried the China APK version as well, no controls there. I've since dismantled the 3-wire HWK and used a generic 2-wire HWK for driving only recording. It's not my car so I couldn't be arsed to be a perfectionist about it.

But the Chinese support page talks about voltage protection
The DDPAI "intelligent" IPS hardware kit is more than an extra ACC input wire. It includes the switching power supply for 12/24V operation (they talk about 300 kHz internal frequency)
and the ADC, which reports the monitoring parameters over its own UART (uses SS wires in the USB-C cable on Mini5 connected to UART4).
I doubt that such kit is available for mini or other devices with the microUSB connector.
It may be available for Mini3 or miniONE, because both have an additional power 3.5" headset jack and the 2 middle of the 4 pins can be used for UART communication.

The DDPAI "intelligent" IPS hardware kit is more than an extra ACC input wire. It includes the switching power supply for 12/24V operation (they talk about 300 kHz internal frequency)
and the ADC, which reports the monitoring parameters over its own UART (uses SS wires in the USB-C cable on Mini5 connected to UART4).
I doubt that such kit is available for mini or other devices with the microUSB connector.
It may be available for Mini3 or miniONE, because both have an additional power 3.5" headset jack and the 2 middle of the 4 pins can be used for UART communication.

The Mola N3's micro USB HWK doesn't report the same stuff? It seems to be functionally similar to Mini One's HWK based on app's level of data. Mini 5's USB-C HWK is something else altogether, amazing ...

Back