DDpai mini2 app can't find cam

jsantos

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi guys, recently I purchased ddpai mini2. Tried to update firmware but it stopped responding. Please help how to do factory reset. Also my app can't connect to my cam. Any one can help?

I found difficuly in a software update because I didn't have location turned on my phone .

Hell friend,

3 things you were asking:

1, How to upgrade:
1), Recorder firmware: a), Use your home Wi-Fi; b), Launch DDPai APP---ME---About; c), Download the new firmware into your phone; d), Connect your phone with DDPai APP via "Wi-Fi direct"; e), The camera will start to upgrade the firmware automatically;
2), APP new version: a), Use your home Wi-Fi; b), Launch DDPai APP---ME---About; c), Upgrade APP directly;

2, How to reset dashcam:
1), Use a needle to press the reset hole and hold for several seconds, then the camera will start to reset automatically;

3, How to connect DDPai mini2 dashcam with your phone ( I guess android phone?):
1), Turn on phone's "location" permission;
2), Turn on "all permissions" to DDPai APP in your phone---settings---permission;
3), Turn off "mobile data";
4), or, you probably need to turn off "intelligent network connection" in DDPai APP---ME---Settings---Advanced Settings, because some android phones will automatically connect to other Wi-Fi devices;
5), Then: Your phone---Wi-Fi---Find DDPai device---Input password----Launch DDPai APP.

BTW, if you search "Uber driver shooting" video via internet, if you see DDPai mini2 provided the key evidence, DDPai mini2 is indeed an reliable camera:)

Hi guys, recently I purchased ddpai mini2. Tried to update firmware but it stopped responding. Please help how to do factory reset. Also my app can't connect to my cam. Any one can help?

I have been having a similar problem for months and finally solved it so I wanted to share. Basically, I think an OTA update went wrong and the unit wouldn't take my password or the factory default. Pressing the factory reset button did a reset but didn't affect the password issue so the app could never log into the camera.

Solution: do a manual file update (get the firmware from the .cn site, unzip, and put into the root directory of the SD card that goes into your camera). After this you can use 1234567890 as the password and you are back in. NOTE: the US site has a problem not taking you to the actual download center, so you need to go to the .cn site to get the firmware.

Firmware upgraded by OTA must works;
It is much much convenient than manual upgrading;
If OTA upgrading can't be complete, turn off DDPai APP(stop it from running at the background) and turn on DDPai APP again and then try again.

Firmware upgraded by OTA must works;
It is much much convenient than manual upgrading;
If OTA upgrading can't be complete, turn off DDPai APP(stop it from running at the background) and turn on DDPai APP again and then try again.
my cam stopped responding, only red light indicator is on. Reset also not working. Is there a way to download the latest firmware using TFcard? TIA

my cam stopped responding, only red light indicator is on. Reset also not working. Is there a way to download the latest firmware using TFcard? TIA
Hello friend,
1, if camera LED "orange flash", it means camera itself works normally.
2, then: Your phone---Setting---Wi-Fi network: can you find DDPai camera in your phone wifi list?
3, Yes, I can send firmware to you for manually upgrading.

Hello friend,
2, then: Your phone---Setting---Wi-Fi network: can you find DDPai camera in your phone wifi list?
cannot find DDPai camera on phone wifi list

I've had issues with the DDpai app not finding my camera too, especially after ive took the SD card and put back in, the app will randomly say it cant find the camera. The wifi will sometimes take forever to connect, or make me re-enter the password a bunch of times, and then it will randomly work with no problem... Once I had to completely reinstall the app before it would connect. A lot of other apps dont work while connected to the camera wifi tho. Anyone else have that problem? (Galaxy S7)

I've had issues with the DDpai app not finding my camera too, especially after ive took the SD card and put back in, the app will randomly say it cant find the camera. The wifi will sometimes take forever to connect, or make me re-enter the password a bunch of times, and then it will randomly work with no problem... Once I had to completely reinstall the app before it would connect. A lot of other apps dont work while connected to the camera wifi tho. Anyone else have that problem? (Galaxy S7)
The same problems. Looks like DDpai is the worst cameras in the world. WiFi doesn't work. Upgrade doesn't works. Support doesn't respond. I will tell to all of my friends and everywhere in the internet to - DO NOT BUY THIS **** !!!!

I stopped connecting the camera to the app completely. Most of my driving is for my job, and the job is on a app that wont work connected to ddpai wifi. Also GPS, and a lot of other things on my phone (galaxy s7) don't work with it connected. And it takes forever to load and transfer even photos. So now I just take the SD card out every few days and look at it on the computer and copy what i want to save... (Also i made marks on the camera itself, so I can tell if it's aimed at the road right without seeing it on my phone.)

Hello friend,
Dear Friend,
Pls help to send the firmware of DDAPI mini2 for manual upgrading. Thank you
Joel

Dear Friend,
Pls help to send the firmware of DDAPI mini2 for manual upgrading. Thank you
Joel
Hello friend, pls PM your mail address and then I can upload the upgrading file to you directly.

I have been having a similar problem for months and finally solved it so I wanted to share. Basically, I think an OTA update went wrong and the unit wouldn't take my password or the factory default. Pressing the factory reset button did a reset but didn't affect the password issue so the app could never log into the camera.

Solution: do a manual file update (get the firmware from the .cn site, unzip, and put into the root directory of the SD card that goes into your camera). After this you can use 1234567890 as the password and you are back in. NOTE: the US site has a problem not taking you to the actual download center, so you need to go to the .cn site to get the firmware.

What is the .cn website?

If I ask, can someone send the software to my e-mail address? I've been searching for days. thank you so much.
av.hsari@gmail.com

@viorel haliciu I got your mail. Thank you very much. it had become a big problem for me. I express my eternal gratitude to you.

Last edited:
Back