DDPai Mini2 [Black Edition]

Mr CKJ

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Another 2K resolution Dashcam of mine!

This is a new version in black. I like this dashcam as it’s running with an Ultra HD 2K Resolution, stylish design with glossy black which is not easily to be spotted and most importantly battery running with super capacitor (worry-less for hot weather in Malaysia)
To have better understanding of DDPAI, it is a global leader in social car cameras that was founded on 1st April 2013 by engineering experts from HUAWEI Technologies. You may visit their homepage to know more and their range of Dashcam products as well. DDPAI Official Page :http://en.ddpai.com

My humble and in depth review at DDPai Mini2 2K Dashcam
More Gadgets review at Smartech101

The Box & The Dashcam

Product Specifications & Features

Contents

1x Mini2 Dashcam, 1x Micro USB Cable(3meters), 1x Remote button, 1x 2port USB Car Charger, 1x Pry bar, 1x 3m double sided tape for Dashcam and remote button, DDPai Welcome Card and User Manual in English

In depth of Accessories: Micro USB cable, Remote Control and Pry bar

2 Port USB Car Charger

Working with Phone Application

View Playback with Apps:

Are you able to spot the DDPai Mini2 easily?
The answer is NO, this photo was actually taken with an LED flashlight pointing directly to both my DDPai Mini2 and Viofo A119 Dashcam. Hardly can be spotted!

My humble comments, from the good side. It’s a 2K UHD dashcam with a super capacitor that we won’t need to worry about heat issue.
Everything can be configured via the phone application in just one click. Color in black and tiny in size that can’t be spotted easily. (I like the glossy black!)
Well, it does not have a display screen. In other words, we need to use the application to view back or to download the footage into our phone, or we can export it from the micro SD card.
To determine whether it’s a good 2K dashcam that really up to Mr CKJ’s par, I will use my all time favorite Viofo A119 to do a comparison. Let’s wait for another Battle of 2K Dashcam! Stay tuned ….& Thanks for reading!

Recorded with 2K(2560×1440) 25fps, Overall bitrate 11mb/s

Watch my Youtube channels

Last edited:
I was just revisting the DDPAI website and noticed the black version, in addition to a Mini 2P model. In the documentation now for the Mini 2 and 2P, I noticed there is no reference to a parking mode. Does your Mini2 have a parking mode?

I was just revisting the DDPAI website and noticed the black version, in addition to a Mini 2P model. In the documentation now for the Mini 2 and 2P, I noticed there is no reference to a parking mode. Does your Mini2 have a parking mode?

It need hard wire kit in order to achieve for parking mode.

Thanks, I knew that, just wondered if the option was still there, as their official english website doesn't mention parking mode at all.

I'm curious if it still shuts down due to heat related issues (during my testing with the ddpai mini 2). Mine ddpai mini 2 (grey) is just sitting on the desk now because of how unreliable I thought it was.

I'm curious if it still shuts down due to heat related issues (during my testing with the ddpai mini 2). Mine ddpai mini 2 (grey) is just sitting on the desk now because of how unreliable I thought it was.

Did you hardwire your ddpai mini2 ?

Did you hardwire your ddpai mini2 ?

Nope. I just had it plugged into an always on power cigarette socket, since my car had 2 always on socket.

Nope. I just had it plugged into an always on power cigarette socket, since my car had 2 always on socket.

My findings from web of this grey version would be the parking mode that has the hardwire which caused the overheat issue.
For the black version, I did not really On for long time. Only recording when I was driving.

My findings from web of this grey version would be the parking mode that has the hardwire which caused the overheat issue.
For the black version, I did not really On for long time. Only recording when I was driving.

Sort of defeats the purpose of parking mode if it can't be left on for a period of time...

Sort of defeats the purpose of parking mode if it can't be left on for a period of time...

I have two grey ddpai mini 2 cams (front and rear).
They are wired up to start with ignition.

In parking mode I use a powerbank. This is for 10 hours +, 3 days a week minimum. Recording is in 2k.

No issues whatsoever with overheating or cutting out.

I live in London so climate isn’t hot most of the time. However we had a fairly hot summer and no issues with overheating even with car parked in sun.

Is the mini 2 a one piece body/cam design like the mini? That is a major shortcoming I found on the mini.

:(

Is the mini 2 a one piece body/cam design like the mini? That is a major shortcoming I found on the mini.

:(

Yes but I’ve never found it to be a problem.
Mine are mounted with extremely strong neodymium magnets.

I can disable voice say "Hello DDPAI" in start ?

Back