DDPai mini2 hardwire kit

Gazwould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought a hardwire kit from the bay .

But it didn't come with an in-line fuse as some have previously found out .

2018-01-17 10.10.01.png

So a part refund was issued .

And a fuse tap added .

2018-01-17 10.21.10.jpg

Fuse tap was placed in 15A cigar lighter as that is what female socket I had been using and permanently live .

Camera would reboot everytime on vehicle starting and footage wouldn't be recorded up to a minute away which is two junctions and two roads away , not what I want .

Now a 11.6V power cut to protect the battery is too low anyway and perhaps in some way this was interfering and cutting the power on starting unlike the cigar socket .

A full refund was issued .

I plan in the near future to re-hardwire with a female cigar lighter socket .

2018-01-17 10.32.29.jpg

And add a switch to save the car battery when the car is parked on the driveway .

The switch would also re-awake the camera if I chose it to power down ( Auto shutdown ) from optional preset times in the battery protection for parked vehicles mode .

2018-01-17 10.52.02.png

Currently it does shutdown with any chosen preset time however does not reawaken with G shock or vehicle starting .

Last edited:
I have the same issue (Currently it does shutdown with any chosen preset time however does not reawaken with G shock or vehicle starting).

Did you manage to get it working properly?

Thanks.

Currently it does shutdown with any chosen preset time however does not reawaken with G shock or vehicle starting .

This problem was making me crazy, I hardwired the camera and found an always on fuse on my car to connect and everything was working great except that when the camera auto-shutdown (I have the 6 hour auto-shutdown setting on) it won't wake up no matter what, the only way was to disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it everytime to make it work again, and sometimes I forgot doing this and surprise my camera was not recording! so I didn't know if the problem was with the camera or with my car fuse.

Finally DDPai sent an firmware update that solve this!! after the camera auto-shutdown it will wake up when I open my car, thank God I can forget about disconnecting and reconnecting the camera, I hope this info could help someone else that is having the same issue, bottom line: just update your camera firmware.

This problem was making me crazy, I hardwired the camera and found an always on fuse on my car to connect and everything was working great except that when the camera auto-shutdown (I have the 6 hour auto-shutdown setting on) it won't wake up no matter what, the only way was to disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it everytime to make it work again, and sometimes I forgot doing this and surprise my camera was not recording! so I didn't know if the problem was with the camera or with my car fuse.

Finally DDPai sent an firmware update that solve this!! after the camera auto-shutdown it will wake up when I open my car, thank God I can forget about disconnecting and reconnecting the camera, I hope this info could help someone else that is having the same issue, bottom line: just update your camera firmware.
Great!, did they send it to you, and what version is it? - their web site seems to have old firmware still [http://en.ddpai.com/download.php] Thanks.

Last edited:
Firmware v3.5.2.33 sorted it back in mid June and new firmware released since .

The camera wake up post Auto shutdown isn't DDpai's realization and such don't have it on their website .

It was a seller of DDPai who found what it could do !

Great!, did they send it to you, and what version is it? - their web site seems to have old firmware still [http://en.ddpai.com/download.php] Thanks.

Just download the last DDPai app version (iPhone version is 5.8.2 right now) and it should include the latest firmware update, connect to your dash camera via wifi and then go to me / settings / camera settings and there should be an firmware update available.

Just download the last DDPai app version (iPhone version is 5.8.2 right now) and it should include the latest firmware update, connect to your dash camera via wifi and then go to me / settings / camera settings and there should be an firmware update available.

That worked - thank you!

Back