DDPAI Mini3 – Super HD 2018 Award Winning Dashcam

I'm interested why my calculations show the built in memory in a much more favorable light than the examples above. I'm wondering if some calculations are mixing up the bitrate (for example 10mbps - i.e. 10 Mega bits per second) with MBps which would be Mega Bytes Per Second. In the example which C4rc4M noted above he stated that 1GB = 1024mb = 1024/10 - which it doesn't. 1GB is 1 GigaByte which is 1024MB (megabytes) not 1024mb (which is Megabits). The difference in the capitalisation of the bitrate figures is important here as there are 8 bits in a byte so the calculations above are out by a factor of 8. Writing at 10mbps, 1GB would take over 13 minutes to write, not 1 minute 43 seconds. This also means the camera at 10mbps would be writing a total of just over 105GB in a day, not the 834GB noted.

I stand corrected.

So I purchased the mini3, and a week later I got the hardwire kit. I love the camera but despise the Android app. My latest issue is now that I've installed the hardwire kit, I've lost the parking monitor settings as can be seen in the screenshots. Both the video mode and battery protection time is gone. Any ideas or is this a bug of some sort?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180501-140835.png
    Screenshot_20180501-140835.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20180501-141033.png
    Screenshot_20180501-141033.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 28
140 degree wide view is perfect. Any wider and a car right in front of your appears 5 miles away and the distortion is so bad.

So I purchased the mini3, and a week later I got the hardwire kit. I love the camera but despise the Android app. My latest issue is now that I've installed the hardwire kit, I've lost the parking monitor settings as can be seen in the screenshots. Both the video mode and battery protection time is gone. Any ideas or is this a bug of some sort?

Hi, I'm new here, but I think the cam detects the dedicated hardwire kit, that will just cut off power supply when the voltage of your car battery drops below the set value. If you do not have the dedicated hardwire kit (you could just use any 12V->5V converter, then the camera will shut off after the set time.

Try hooking the cam to a powerbank temporarily, I assume the settings are back then. But thanks for posting. I just got the cam, but haven't mounted it to the car yet, so I ws missing the battery protection setting.

Another thing:

Like I said, I just got the cam and made some experiments. What is the gpx folder, that is created? Normally that is GPS data, but to my knowledge, the Mini 3 doesn't have GPS???

The parking monitor function of DDPai mini3 based on "voltage detection":
1), When car engine is on, the camera will start to record normally based on 30FPS;
2), When car engine is off, the hardwire will detect the voltage change and then the camera changes to parking mode 1FPS time lapse recording immediately;
3), When car battery voltage lower than 12.4V or 12V or 11.8V ( optional in APP setting ), then the hardwire will cut off power automatically;
4), In addition, the defaulted maximum time of parking monitor is 24 hours, i.e. no matter if the voltage of car battery lower than the set voltage or not, the hardwire kit will cut off power automatically after 24 hours;
5), Its proprietory hardwire kit FYI: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07GGGRRQV

Back