ddpai mini3 camera with ddpai m6 plus hardwire compatibility

daveraux

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi, I have in my car the hard wire for a ddpai m6 plus camera. Can I use that hard wire together with a mini3 camera?

The specs of the ddpai m6 plus hardwire are:
Input voltage: DC12V - 30V
Output voltage: 5V /1.5A
Car low voltage protection: 11.6V

The specs of the ddpai mini3 hardwire are:
Input voltage: DC12V - 24V
Output voltage: 5V /1A
Car low voltage protection: 11.8V, 12V, 12.4V

Hello friend, the working principle of parking monitor of mini3 is different with mini, mini2, m6 plus(m4 plus):

mini3 is based on "voltage detection" , accordingly you need to buy its proprietary hardwire kit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07GGGRRQV:
1), When car engine is on, the camera will start to record normally based on 30FPS;
2), When car engine is off, the hardwire will detect the voltage change and then the camera changes to parking mode 1FPS time lapse recording immediately;
3), When car battery voltage lower than 12.4V or 12V or 11.8V ( you could choose in APP ), then the hardwire will cut off power automatically;
4), In addition, the defaulted maximum time of parking monitor is 24 hours, i.e. no matter if the voltage of car battery lower than the set voltage or not, the hardwire kit will cut off power automatically;

mini, mini2, m4 plus are based on "gravity detection", accordingly, it doesn't need fuse taps but use the red wire to directly connect to "permanent live":
1), You could set auto shutdown timer in APP settings;
2), the camera has to be activated by "G-force"( for example, slap car door etc) if it is fallen into "auto standby", otherwise, you need to unplug/re-plug the power to re-start the camera.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The ddpai m6 plus hardwire has only 2 wires: ground and ACC.
The ddpai mini3 hardwire has 3 wires: ground, ACC and VCC.

I thought that the VCC wire was only there to select car low voltage protection: 11.8V, 12V, 12.4V.

From what you are saying, I understand that if I use the hardwire from ddpai m6 plus camera, the ddpai mini3 camera will not enter in parking mode and will record continuously. That is because is missing the VCC wire.

1, Yes, mini3 will not detect the voltage change if use other hardwire kits;

2, BTW, because M4 plus(M6 plus) adopts built-in Li battery, we don't recommend apply parking monitor function in them because it is not absolutely safe, however, you could choose either mini or mini2, or mini3, all of them are based on built-in supercapacitor, thanks.

Hi all
I have a DDPAI M6+. But after nearly three years in use its time for another dashcam. The DDPAI mini3 is on its way.
Question;
Can I connect the mini3 on the hardwire kit M6? Yes I know, the parking mode will not work. But when I start the engine, the mini3 will power up and work and after engine shut down the mini3 will stop aswell.
In other words M6 hardwire kit will not damage the mini3.
Hope to hear from you.
Best regards Fennaman.

Hi all
I have a DDPAI M6+. But after nearly three years in use its time for another dashcam. The DDPAI mini3 is on its way.
Question;
Can I connect the mini3 on the hardwire kit M6? Yes I know, the parking mode will not work. But when I start the engine, the mini3 will power up and work and after engine shut down the mini3 will stop aswell.
In other words M6 hardwire kit will not damage the mini3.
Hope to hear from you.
Best regards Fennaman.
Yes, you are correct, i.e. the hardwire (ACC) is exactly the replacement of "cigar lihter" and then the camera automatically on/off when car engine is on/off.

Back