ddpai mini3 video quality

Hello to all, I will continue to push DDPai engineers and ask them to do this update as early as possible, your patient waiting will be appreciated, thanks.

Looking forward to seeing how the new update goes. It's a shame the Mini3 didn't have 64gb of internal memory and use a higher bitrate.

Why do the video clips on youtube of the mini3 showing license plates look so much better than my actual one's do? I wonder if they are doctoring them up some how. All in all I like the camera I wish the license plates came in clearer. Hard to prove anything without that.

1, DDPai engineer will fix it as soon as possible, your patience waiting will be appreciated.

It would be nice if they took this opportunity of a firmware update to change the option for the start up sound to include a start up tone, chime, or jingle rather than only the choice of "Hello Ding Ding Pai" or silence. People want to know it started up okay but not hear "Hello Ding Ding Pai". This is a no brainer that should have been included from the start.

Last edited:
It would be nice if they took this opportunity of a firmware update to change the option for the start up sound to include a start up tone, chime, or jingle rather than only the choice of "Hello Ding Ding Pai" or silence. People want to know it started up okay but not hear "Hello Ding Ding Pai". This is a no brainer that should have been included from the start.
I hate "Hello DDPai" as well and I mentioned to DDPai many times but they still have no any actions on this, probably they still think this belongs to a "good design";

Anyway, luckily "Hello DDPai" can be turned off in APP settings...

In application, you can select the recording mode 1920 × 1080 - 60fps?

To all friends whom cares about the image quality of DDPai mini3:

I was told by DDPai that they will release new firmware in March 7th/2019, hopefully they will thoroughly solve this issue...

Hi, was the firmware released? The ddpai application is telling me I have the latest version of firmware.

I've also been awaiting this update and checking daily. Maybe it's gone the same direction as the "warranty" I had on my Mini 3?

Since returning my Mini3 I keep getting emails from the seller trying to persuade me that I should buy it again (at a discount) and then change my Amazon review!!!
The seller also tells me that they knew about the problem (yet still continued to sell them) and are working on a fix.
Here is what they say:

1, Like I mentioned in the forum of "dashcamtalk", we already knew the problem of mosaic and DDPai engineer is working on this issue and hopefully new firmware can be released a.s.a.p.

2, One flaw cannot obscure the splendor of the jade, we can still see DDPai is a real innovator, your tolerance and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Personally I am glad I returned it when I did otherwise I would be stuck with this now with no sign of a fix

It's been more then 2 weeks since we are awaiting the big fix of the video quality issue and no sign of it yet. It is a shame that we were promised a fix, for something that should not been there in the first place.
I now regret buying this camera. It seems that Ddpai is not a serious company.

Hey guys! I bought my original Ddpai Mini 3 dashcam in January on Ebay. Did not had any chance to test it untill now and I must say I am really shocked and dissapointed with really awful video quality of this dashcam. When the vehicle is not moving and is stationary the image quality is quite nice with no artifacts or whatsoever, you can clearly read all the vehicle registration plates and other details. But when the car starts moving, especially when there are trees on the side of the road the image starts to produce horrible artifacts and pixels. I am not sure if makes any sense to wait for an update or just to return this product to the seller and never recommend it to anyone again.

Hello friend,

I am Jobby, the sales manager from DDPai, firstly we apologize for the problems you all encountered, I would like to have a little explanation about our DDPai mini3:

1, We are still working on this issue, however, because of the large user base, we can only release the official version by OTA after verifying all details;

2, If any of you want to experience the beta version in advance which is solved above problem, you could contact us via support@ddpai.com, we can release the firmware for your manually upgrading, thanks.

Hello friend,

I am Jobby, the sales manager from DDPai, firstly we apologize for the problems you all encountered, I would like to have a little explanation about our DDPai mini3:

1, We are still working on this issue, however, because of the large user base, we can only release the official version by OTA after verifying all details;

2, If any of you want to experience the beta version in advance which is solved above problem, you could contact us via support@ddpai.com, we can release the firmware for your manually upgrading, thanks.

I'm in. I sent an email.

Back