DDPai Mini3

Terrible decision not to include SD card. Honest to god that's crazy.

So with the HU cable, am I right in saying that it would allow you to stream real time camera footage to an Android Head Unit? Does this mean it could be set up to record directly to an SD card in the HU? Does this also mean it would register as an actual camera in Android and be able to be used as such with camera apps and in chat apps such as Facebook Messenger or Skype?

If so, this would truly be the most remarkable dash cam to date, especially considering there is a 64GB version available now. Being hooked up to a car powered USB hub attached to the HU would also give you the Always-On function of the Hardwire kit straight off the bat I'd say. Incredible

So with the HU cable, am I right in saying that it would allow you to stream real time camera footage to an Android Head Unit? Does this mean it could be set up to record directly to an SD card in the HU? Does this also mean it would register as an actual camera in Android and be able to be used as such with camera apps and in chat apps such as Facebook Messenger or Skype?

If so, this would truly be the most remarkable dash cam to date, especially considering there is a 64GB version available now. Being hooked up to a car powered USB hub attached to the HU would also give you the Always-On function of the Hardwire kit straight off the bat I'd say. Incredible

I've recently read that the HU cable now only works with some Zebra HU that is only available in China...

Damn! Do have a source for that I could check out? I've emailed and messaged DDPAI via a few different media but they've yet to respond. I'll write back with some info if they do. I feel like that'd be pretty important detail and I actually want it for all of these functions

Cheers!

I've been using the mini3 for about 2 years and it's given me no real problems. Today I found out my remote button is no longer working and won't pair with the updated app. I'm assuming it's the battery in the remote.

How do you get to the battery?

I'm not sure what the unlock-lock on the bottom means, I can't turn anything. I was able to get the button top off, but the battery is under the board. Still can't rwist it and I don't really want to try and pry it open.
Thanks.

Back