DDPai Mini5

Enabling 'telnetd' on mini5 and molaN3 was successful, followed by passwordless root login over wifi ;-)
"Welcome to HiLinux".
The second CPU core runs big chinese brother LiteOS ('virt-tty a7').
I could identify the GND, VBUS and one of the D lines (probably D- : by 15kOhm pulldown to ground) on the mini5
USB hub bracket 8 pin connector.

Looks like we're one step closer to getting the Mini 5 to e-mail a snapshot of event to your personal mailbox rather than thru DDPai's cloud service? And possibly the Mola N3 can the same if the WiFi can connect via a 4G hotspot?

getting the Mini 5 to e-mail a snapshot of event to your personal mailbox rather than thru DDPai's cloud service?
With the right tools installed to eMMC you can already do that: use arm32 Debian Linux distribution like Raspbian and tunnel your own internet traffic through wifi, or even call out through the 4G bracket.
DDPai developers must have an "Ethernet bracket", which can be connected to 4G router with the RJ45 cable directly.
The minor obstacles like gracefully killing the DDPai 'main_app' (disabling the hardware watchdog), or even loading your own Linux kernel using 'kexec' can be resolved soon.
And possibly the Mola N3 can the same if the WiFi can connect via a 4G hotspot?
Mola N3 ist just a crippled mini5 version with less hardware resources (justified by 1/3 of its price).
I am wondering if mini5 and/or mola N3 can be run in the USB host mode on the USB-C connector, using some kind of Y-cable for powering it.

After getting my friend in China to lend me their domestic mobile number to register via the China APK, I finally managed to get the 4G bracket "remote cloud" functionality working. The good thing is the bracket seems to work with Band 3/7/8 (1800/2600/900 MHz) based LTE SIM card. The app has integrated SIM plan / quota / reload management if you use the included China Mobile special SIM.

Emergency push video is now enabled. Apparently you get a 2GB cloud storage to use this function with. I've not tried to trigger this action yet. Remote live view is also available, as is app-based checking of camera's GPS location. However, there's no function to view historical track of the vehicle (ie, where did it go yesterday, how fast was it going). There is also a geo-fencing function where you draw a box on the map and if the camera leaves this box you will get an alert. Again, I have not tested it. I need to figure out which car is the best to install + further test these functions on.

Also needs to be tested is how the 4G bracket behaves as the camera enters and exits parking mode recording. If it stays on all the time, I can foresee a big reduction on parking mode battery runtime.

I feel this is fairly exciting for a US$ 150 camera (with hardwire kit). The 4G bracket adds US$ 35 to the cost before you add in whatever it costs for logistics to your country. Take note the firmware has to be flashed to China version before the 4G bracket communicates with the main camera unit.

View attachment 55695View attachment 55696
Does the cloud storage work for you? I only got the remote live view feature to work. The emergency video push and the geo fence does not appear to, you should receive a notification from the app and WeChat as well

After getting my friend in China to lend me their domestic mobile number to register via the China APK, I finally managed to get the 4G bracket "remote cloud" functionality working. The good thing is the bracket seems to work with Band 3/7/8 (1800/2600/900 MHz) based LTE SIM card. The app has integrated SIM plan / quota / reload management if you use the included China Mobile special SIM.

Emergency push video is now enabled. Apparently you get a 2GB cloud storage to use this function with. I've not tried to trigger this action yet. Remote live view is also available, as is app-based checking of camera's GPS location. However, there's no function to view historical track of the vehicle (ie, where did it go yesterday, how fast was it going). There is also a geo-fencing function where you draw a box on the map and if the camera leaves this box you will get an alert. Again, I have not tested it. I need to figure out which car is the best to install + further test these functions on.

Also needs to be tested is how the 4G bracket behaves as the camera enters and exits parking mode recording. If it stays on all the time, I can foresee a big reduction on parking mode battery runtime.

I feel this is fairly exciting for a US$ 150 camera (with hardwire kit). The 4G bracket adds US$ 35 to the cost before you add in whatever it costs for logistics to your country. Take note the firmware has to be flashed to China version before the 4G bracket communicates with the main camera unit.

View attachment 55695View attachment 55696
Not the case anymore since 4G Box is available even for Global version.

Unfortunately, it has to be purchased as a bundle with Mini 5 and there's no chance purchasing the 4G Link Bracket separately. However, I have conveyed this to DDPAI Malaysia team for consideration.

Back