DDPAI Mola N3 - telnet

Lucian84

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi! I'm trying to start telnetd using update/update.sh script on SD card but it's not working as it should. Telnetd is starting, I see port 23 open for a short period of time then it closes. I think telnetd is being terminated somehow... Did anyone manage to get telnet working on this camera?
Thank you!

Telnetd is starting, I see port 23 open for a short period of time then it closes. I think telnetd is being terminated somehow...
telnetd needs /dev/pts for opening the (pseudo-)terminal link and crashes if it is not there. Mount /dev/pts before starting telnetd and it will work (at least on old good Mola N3).

@helg I've tried your recommendation, but still no luck, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here is my update.sh contents:
#!/bin/sh
mkdir /dev/pts
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
/usr/sbin/telnetd -p 23 &

Thank you for your support!

@helg I've tried your recommendation, but still no luck, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here is my update.sh contents:
#!/bin/sh
mkdir /dev/pts
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
/usr/sbin/telnetd -p 23 &

Thank you for your support!
Looks ok to me. You can check 'dmesg' output, 'cat /proc/mounts' and also enable full 'DDPaiDebugOld' logging.

Finally telnet is working!
I was creating the update.sh file on windows, with standard CRLF endings, and it seems that the camera os doesn't like that :) I've converted the file to unix end of line (LF) and everything is working!
Thank you @helg for helping!

Back