DDPai Mola N3

richx

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo, A139, Mola N3, A119v2, B4K
Has anyone here tried this dashcam from DDPai called the Mola N3? It seems to be using the same OV sensor found in the Viofo A119v2. I'm curious about how well the parking recording mode works, and the other ADAS/GPS related features.

I've ordered one unit, with hardwire parking kit it costs less than US$60. If there's anyone interested, I'll try to report more on it after I receive it.

Yes please do, we can always use more good cheap dashcams to recommend.

Always interested in hearing of budget-level cams because most at this price level are not worth a second thought :cautious: DDPai has been around awhile so maybe this will be a good one ;)

Phil

other ADAS/GPS related features
It has a green light detection feature and it works great! Unfortunately I can't find WDR and antiflicker control in mobile app's settings which are very important to me.

hehe i just saw a guy with green light detection failure, so i was stopped at a red light with 1 car in front of me, and then it then turned green arrow for left turns, the guy went strait over the light, and a left turner going the other way had to stop for him.

I've received and installed the unit in my car (next to a Viofo A129) and used it for a few days. The camera does 1600p and 1440p modes, on top of the 1080p baseline. I've been shooting in the 1440p mode because I didn't find the additional vertical coverage to be very useful. Here is a sample of day time footage with green traffic light detection in action.

Here is a night footage sample.

Some impressions on the overall product:
  • Build quality is pretty good. Feels sturdy and well put together. There are two sets of vents above and below the body, but it gets pretty warm too.
  • Original camera output is about 14.5 MB/sec.
  • The GPS mount swings one way more than the other way. As such, you're not able to choose which side you like the cable entry to be at. This was somewhat disappointing as I rather the cable close to the mirror stalk and easier to hide.
  • The camera can only embed vehicle speed data, no lat-long embed available as option.
  • Videos are each 1 minute long, no options available.
  • ADAS (traffic light green, car movement, lane change) settings are available only as high/low/off. You cannot choose which alerts you want.
  • The spoken alerts are annoying as the speaker is tinny and shrill. It would be good to have option to give beeps instead.
  • Nitpick: I rather not have large DDPAI wording in front, so I've taped it up with black electrical tape.
  • The hardwire kit is excellent value, comes already with 2 of each 3 types of fuse taps to make the project easy. However I've not tested it yet (final install will be on another car, will check out parking mode when I move the camera over there too).
  • The app is a bit annoying and clunky when you try to review the recorded videos or check your driving logs.
Let me know if there's any sort of footage / scenario that you'd like to see samples of and I'll see what I can do. Will come back again once I've moved this over to the other car, hardwired and tested the parking mode.

If a dashcam in my car was telling me when the light is green, i am pretty sure in a short while i would take that as a insult to my intelligence and get furious.
How anyone can think this might be a good aid for a human i dont know, cuz if you can not detect the light being on ( colorblind ) or actually see the green color, well you should not be driving a car.

The skies look very Danish, but i am sure its still a lot warmer out there, daytime here are 10 - 12 degrees ATM, and night time sub zero are not far away.

If a dashcam in my car was telling me when the light is green, i am pretty sure in a short while i would take that as a insult to my intelligence and get furious.
How anyone can think this might be a good aid for a human i dont know, cuz if you can not detect the light being on ( colorblind ) or actually see the green color, well you should not be driving a car.

The skies look very Danish, but i am sure its still a lot warmer out there, daytime here are 10 - 12 degrees ATM, and night time sub zero are not far away.
Maybe our countries also have very different standards of road safety, aside from the temperatures. We are currently seeing 34~36 Celsius in the day, and 27~29 at night before 2AM. The traffic light / car ahead movement is useful if you're waiting for a very long traffic light, and can check on your phone for a bit and not worry about holding up traffic. So far between Papago, 70Mai and this DDPai, the car ahead moving alert has been fairly reliable with Papago being the least annoying (just a beep, and no calibration required).

70Mai being the most annoying because you need to have the GPS receiver base, and you need to have performed the calibration before it becomes active.

It has a green light detection feature and it works great! Unfortunately I can't find WDR and antiflicker control in mobile app's settings which are very important to me.
I think it's on all the time, especially WDR. I can't say much about anti-flicker, as our street lamps have mostly been changed to LED and no longer flickers at the same frequency as the AC mains system.

Using the phone ( in the hand ) at any time in the car here are not legal, it will cost you a 2000 DKkr fine and 1 of 3 marks on your license.
People that do it anyway, and there is many of them will find that if they are " a sleep" at a traffic light the car behind when will honk after very few seconds of green light.

I've had one cam where the ADAS worked reasonably well. Personally I neither need or want it, and the only time I want to hear from my cams is when they're starting up, shutting down, or when they're malfunctioning. But to each their own and may each get the rewards or losses their decisions get them in full, and quickly :cool:

Phil

Quite tempted by this new dashcam. I have 2 units of Blueskysea B1W but sometimes it freezes especially if engine off and immediately on again. Sometimes the date and time gets reset for no reason and it overwrites the wrong video.
I recently saw this selling on Lazada for only RM189 or RM229 with GPS. Googled around but can't find much info except for seller posts on online platforms.

If it's not buggy and works fine, I can see this model being the new budget champion. Furthermore it's using capacitor.

OP, please share about the parking mode features!

Using the phone ( in the hand ) at any time in the car here are not legal, it will cost you a 2000 DKkr fine and 1 of 3 marks on your license.
People that do it anyway, and there is many of them will find that if they are " a sleep" at a traffic light the car behind when will honk after very few seconds of green light.
The whole point of the alert is to prevent the embarrassment of being honked by others. So far it's worked great, just one false positive so far with green light reflecting off the back of a street sign from another direction of the junction.

No, it's not. I compared it against my 70mai mini with WDR on.
Don't know what a 70Mai Mini is? If you meant 70Mai 1S, well that's got a Starvis sensor so you could be picking up the sensor's improved dynamic range vs. OV or something. If you can post side by side comparison screen shots, even better.

Quite tempted by this new dashcam. I have 2 units of Blueskysea B1W but sometimes it freezes especially if engine off and immediately on again. Sometimes the date and time gets reset for no reason and it overwrites the wrong video.
I recently saw this selling on Lazada for only RM189 or RM229 with GPS. Googled around but can't find much info except for seller posts on online platforms.

If it's not buggy and works fine, I can see this model being the new budget champion. Furthermore it's using capacitor.

OP, please share about the parking mode features!
Hang on there, lockdown coming I should be able to find time to remove from my daily car (which has a Viofo A129 already), and put it to my spare car. I've just identified suitable fuse points to tap both power lines from. Need to look for that fishing string to remove the tape cleanly.

Don't know what a 70Mai Mini is? If you meant 70Mai 1S, well that's got a Starvis sensor so you could be picking up the sensor's improved dynamic range vs. OV or something. If you can post side by side comparison screen shots, even better.
The 70Mai Mini (MiDrive 5) is different then the 70Mai 1S (MiDrive 6). The 70Mai Mini comes with an Omnivision OS05A10 sensor.

That dont embarrass Danes, pretty shameless people we are, kids learn the "F" word and other similar in kindergarten and from then it only get worse.
At every intersection you can see one or more people either looking at or playing with something in their lap,,,,,, i just hope it is a phone.

The mere chance of me getting a call while driving are small, i have gotten 2 lately but disregarding those i think it is 3 years since my phone last chimed while i was driving,,,,,,, and of course i do not pick up or return call before i have found a sensible place to park.
On average i get and make 4 phone calls a week,,,,,,, many people can barely make do with that in 1 hour,,,,,,,, but people ( the 8 or so that have my number ) know not to call for no reason as my hate for phones are well known.

Before my car radio went crazy i did use BT and hands-free over that, but to be honest i dont even like that either.

The 70Mai Mini (MiDrive 5) is different then the 70Mai 1S (MiDrive 6). The 70Mai Mini comes with an Omnivision OS05A10 sensor.

Nice. I've not seen this on sale locally. If you can post side by side scene shots especially day-time, it might be easier to tell if the WDR/HDR is working the same or not.

That dont embarrass Danes, pretty shameless people we are, kids learn the "F" word and other similar in kindergarten and from then it only get worse.
At every intersection you can see one or more people either looking at or playing with something in their lap,,,,,, i just hope it is a phone.

The mere chance of me getting a call while driving are small, i have gotten 2 lately but disregarding those i think it is 3 years since my phone last chimed while i was driving,,,,,,, and of course i do not pick up or return call before i have found a sensible place to park.
On average i get and make 4 phone calls a week,,,,,,, many people can barely make do with that in 1 hour,,,,,,,, but people ( the 8 or so that have my number ) know not to call for no reason as my hate for phones are well known.

Before my car radio went crazy i did use BT and hands-free over that, but to be honest i dont even like that either.
I have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto installed on all my cars. It's great because it puts the phones into Do Not Disturb mode as soon as it's plugged in, so my calls and messages don't ring which can be particularly annoying while trying to navigate (with map powered by the phone) around a part of town I've never been to. I typically return calls and messages only after I'm done with my drive (or erm, caught in a stop for a bit and then crawl a bit sort of traffic jam :p).

Should get that radio fixed :) Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is one of those things where if you "get it", it'll be hard to do without once you've gotten used to it.

Back