DDPai Mola N3

Well friends, most likely our dashcam will be left from support. Several people have already received a new revision of the Mola N3 with a new firmware, which is not compatible with our camera. (As support says) firmware version 7.1.039

Attachments

• изображение_2021-07-07_141207.png
    изображение_2021-07-07_141207.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 32
Can't seem to spot what's changed though, aside from GPS now being labelled as "built-in" on the website marketing copy. That could just mean they'll only ship with the GPS mount only, or it could mean revised internals .... :unsure:

The functionality is the same, only new chip. Therefore, incompatibility !! :cry:
new1.png

I have got a few issues with the Mola N3.

- When i connect to the Mola, I cannot login with my user name.
I do have internet connection.
The Mola app does not "see" my 4g connection while connected to the Mola. Using a Samsung Galaxy S9.
- I cannot see the map in splitscreen. Like here : image_split
- The speed in history is acting strange. I am driving 253 km/hrs :) (speed in live video is correct)

253.jpg

app version : 6.0.5.0708 / device v7.0.0.7
Can somebody help ?

Last edited:
New Mola has no ADAS, at least at the application level - "HALLO DING DING PAYE" :)

photo_2021-09-15_15-19-34.jpgphoto_2021-09-15_15-19-46.jpg

Hi guys,
I read all this very interesting thread and I am hesitating between the Mola N3 and the 70mai pro plus A500S.
I am leaning more towards the Mola N3 because of the parking modes options as it has the time lapse option when the 70mai will only record after the g sensor is triggered and doesn't seem to be very efficient. However the video quality seems to be better on the 70mai and it has the dual channel option also i live in a hot country so the capacitor of the Mola would be better.

Can you set the parking mode on the Mola to start as soon as the car is turned off or after 5mn? I read that it has to wait for 15mn before it enters parking and this seems very excessive.

What are your thoughts?

Hi guys,
I read all this very interesting thread and I am hesitating between the Mola N3 and the 70mai pro plus A500S.
I am leaning more towards the Mola N3 because of the parking modes options as it has the time lapse option when the 70mai will only record after the g sensor is triggered and doesn't seem to be very efficient. However the video quality seems to be better on the 70mai and it has the dual channel option also i live in a hot country so the capacitor of the Mola would be better.

Can you set the parking mode on the Mola to start as soon as the car is turned off or after 5mn? I read that it has to wait for 15mn before it enters parking and this seems very excessive.

What are your thoughts?
Hi.
The new revision uses a sigma processor.
The software is still bad.

Hi
i have a problem with my mola n3 gps version with the parking monitoring,
the problem is if i enable the parking monitoring on, after i lock my car with remote, the car alarm will sound, how to not let the alarm sound when i in parking mode.
i ask the person who fix the camera for me, he said is the mola n3 wifi conflict with my car alarm, i have to do something about my alarm he said.
So, i nor sure about that, can anyone help me or anyone facing this kind of issue?? my car is vios

thanks

Hi guys,

What are your thoughts?

You should go straight for DDPai Z40.

I want to switch off the sound of the mola. Even though the speaker is off it still says "GPS connected".
How can I change this?

I put a USB meter to the port today and measured between 2.2w to 2.6w power consumption by the Mola N3 GPS. I suppose the non-GPS variant will be slightly less power consuming (5.13v 0.44A - 5.13v 0.51A).

This is somewhat (~40%) more than the Mini One I'm running at the same time which read 1.7w stable (5.13v 0.33A). So yeah if you wanted to run one overnight on a USB powerbank, it's clear which model you ought to take.
Hi, I've installed DDPAI Mola N3 GPS with 5V 2A 10000mah micro UPS. My dash cam gets switched off after max 2 hrs in parking mode or after I cut off the input current to the micro UPS. Not able to understand why I'm not getting more back-up. Can you help me with this.

@RKMurthy , I think is the battery pack is turning itself off after some time because is not sensing enough current draw and it thinks it doesn't have something connected, the camera in parking mode draws less current. Powerbanks have this kind of "protection" by default. Test if it turns off automatically after some time, after removing all connections.

I want to switch off the sound of the mola. Even though the speaker is off it still says "GPS connected".
How can I change this?
Last week I drove to Paris. There is a stretch with about 8 tunnels.
Every time you hear the words "GPS connected". Very annoying

Where can I turn this off?

Last edited:
Bought brand new ddpai mola n3 and after connecting I'm trying to connect my android app. Cannot see ddpai WiFi networks. Cannot connect. Nothing. Any ideas?

Hello, I am using Datakam Player 6.0.0.22c since I discovered this post about the DDPAI Mola N3 camera.

When I open it in Windows 10 x64 I get the error in the image.

Is there any solution for this error?

I have also previously installed the 'Google Maps fix.reg' file which modifies the Windows registry by adding the following entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULA TION]
"RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22.exe"=dword:00002af9

Thanks.

1653924181349.png

Attachments

• 1653923497217.png
    1653923497217.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
New Mola has no ADAS, at least at the application level - "HALLO DING DING PAYE" :)

Hi, I just purchased a Mola N3 GPS and got informed from the DDPAI techsup that the new versions of their dashcams will have no ADAS, only the SR 2.0 feature. If I want ADAS, then go for a 70mai camera.

I wonder why they removed ADAS from their products.

Hi
I recently bought this Mola N3 but cannot figure how to connect it to a computer. I removed the sd card and added it to the memory card reader on my laptop but it shows up as an inaccessible drive. I need to download all the videos in the dash cam to my laptop. Anyone know how I can do this?

Apologies for the noobie question!

Back