Dead 0906

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I am sorry to report mine have died on me :(:(:( i noticed on my drive yesterday it did not come on, and messing with the PSU dident do anything to change that ( they do some times come loose from the power grid in my glove box )
So today i tried to power it on my computer table using the micro USB port as i have done before, and also there it did not come on. o_O

I will take it apart later on today to see if i can see anything burned or snapped, but that's also all that i am able to do.

It have been a while since i last took it apart, so its not like its me manhandling it that have broken something.

I was kinda hoping to recycle the 0906 to a non dashcam use when testing was done and the camera had come off my windscreen.

Yeah this was to be expected, on the other hand the eng sample of the 0806 still work, but now rest in a drawer here.
I was not able to visually pinpoint anything gone wrong on the 2 PCB.
Still have a good feeling about this new MEG camera, it is not my preferred form factor on the front unit, but others seem to like it alright, and it is by no means a stupid form factor.
Could be a component failure, could be a soldering failure.
I was hoping to retrofit my DIY NVG with the 0906 if i was able to find a 5" screen that have a HDMI instead of the AV in thats what is on my current FPV goggle / modified to a poor mans night vision goggle ( active )

Though the rear camera of the 0906 is probably not sensetive enough to work thru all the glass in my rifle scope, but just upping to 1080p on the goggle itself would have been nice.

Last edited:
Back