shiffles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C; Mini 0805 (x2); G1W-C
It's been a while since I posted.
Last night, I believe my 0805 gave out.
LED was solid red when connected to power.
I did see this before, and I presume it's something to do with the battery. Last time this happened, I just left it overnight connected to my computer's USB port to charge the battery, and next morning, it could power on by itself.

This time however, it's a bit different.
- LED displays solid blue for a second or so and disappears, and the camera does not turn on.
- The camera however does work when connected via USB.
- Cable and car power adapter supplies enough power. Second Mini0805 I have works.
- SD card is not an issue (see below)

In the video, the SD card I put in is a bit faulty I think, and the camera functioned properly with my Samsung EVO 32GB I had, so you can ignore that error.

I'm not too bothered by it. Just ordered a replacement A118C for myself. I'm just trying to see if it could be fixed to working order so I could use it with something else (i.e. bicycle cam with a battery pack)

I'm assuming this happens because of heat and how the battery isn't able to take it. My car's windows aren't tinted in any way so it lets all the light and heat in to the car. I have the habit of taking of the camera and leaving it in my glove box to prevent theft and heat damage, but I have the same 0805 in my dad's car and it's still going strong despite him leaving the camera on the windshield all the time. His CRV on the other hand has the window tinted from the factory within legal limits, and it's noticeably cooler inside compared to my car when it's parked in the sun.

Back