Dead camera? SOLVED!

CRS 123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today my front cam is just repeating the startup chime over and over. I’ve checked cables and power seems fine. I can unplug the power and it will still chimes till I turn it off!. Dead camera? Can I reset it ? Card in or out does not matter. Damn!

Hello, no other reports of this but I'll sort it out for you don't worry. Please send me a private message or email with your order details and contact info. (I'll need your serial number off the back too)

Try updating the firmware with the rear camera and GPS left unplugged.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9663dc-beta-firmware.33142/

try reloading firmware, also try without rear camera connected, if still a problem let us know

Just got up her on the west coast (late night of work last night) I'll try your suggestions. Seems off hand that it might be an internal camera power supply problem but we'll see. As far as loading firmware, I doubt it's possible in that the camera never gets past the opening chime with or without a card (which repeats over and over until it's turned off). I hate to give up this camera because it's focus is excellent and it suffer zero focus shift under heat load. I'll let you know what I find.

I think even wit the constant rebooting you might still be able to flash the firmware, i think these cameras are geared to always look for a firmware update on the memory card, so if one is there it will give the camera some set things to do that might be outside what trigger the constant rebooting.
Anyways the guys will have you back up and running ASAP, one way or the other.

UPDATE: As usual, great support from Street Guardian and forum members. Loading in a new firmware file did the trick. Perhaps the existing firmware on the cam somehow got corrupted? Anyway...nice to be back up and running, but either way, I knew that Street Guardian support would get me up and running. After using dash cams for a few years now, driving without one is very unsettling!!!
Thanks again
CRS

UPDATE: As usual, great support from Street Guardian and forum members. Loading in a new firmware file did the trick. Perhaps the existing firmware on the cam somehow got corrupted? Anyway...nice to be back up and running, but either way, I knew that Street Guardian support would get me up and running. After using dash cams for a few years now, driving without one is very unsettling!!!
Thanks again
CRS

let us know if you get any other unusual behavior, if need be we'll get it replaced for you

Yeah no "buts" here, either it work like a dashcam should, or something need to be done, which these guys will do. :cool:

Back