Dead Mini 0801

roxor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
2xMobius/ex:MD80,Aiptek,ZX1,RRHD1,mini0801,WF1,2xMarcus4
Hy guys, I think my two month old Mini just died. About one or two weeks ago I upgrade it to the 20140115 firmware (with Mph). All good since yesterday when, suddenly, it freezs (only LCD backlight and the red led remain on). The video file recorded when it freezes was corrupt but the previous recorded files were good.
Now,
when I press the on/off button...nothing happens;
when I mount it in the gps mount, the led gets red, but the camera won't power up.
I noticed that, with the usb lead connected (red led on), some of the compononets from the PCB are extremely hot. ....I'm thinking there is a short-circuit somewere...maybe one of the components failed.

Any ideas? :D

Update: Now, when I insert the usb cable, camera does nothing but gets hotter. If i press and hold the on/off and Ok buttons for about 5-6 seconds, with usb cable inserted, the red led gets on and those components, I mentioned above, stay cold.
...I'm totally confused...

Last edited:
I have the same problem after I tried to update firmware, already found a solution?

Nope, it's resting in peace in my desk drawer. :p

It looks like the Mini 0801 you received was faulty. Would you be able to get it replaced under warranty with the retailer you bought it from?

Kelvin

Back