Dead Xiaomi Yi no reaction

Capo

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,

I bought Xiaomi Yi camera and its compleatly dead, check the video. Is anyone have the same problem, is there any solution?
SN:Z23L

Yes, I am having the exact same problem, which happened after I tried to do the focus fix and removed the front panel. I was very careful removing the panel and nothing appears to be damaged, but when I put it all back together it no longer will turn on. The only thing it does is show the red LED ring when charging, but nothing else works.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.
Thanks,
John

I have the same HW Z23L and after shooting 2k at 35Mbit for 10 minutes with wifi and android app on, I was disconnected and the camera froze. The led ring led was set to off prior to this. The only thing that it did when I powered it on was a short blink of the top red led (maybe the others too, I didn't notice) and then froze again just after I pressed power button again or wifi. Though when I pressed wifi button it light up and then it froze. I led it cool down after some attempts, removed the sd card, the battery, pressed the buttons but still no change. After that I connected it to the pc via another standard micro usb cable ( I am not using the cable provided). First mass storage was not detected. After another attempt it went into storage mode. After that it worked fine. I am feeling a bit confused. A tried also shooting with 1080p 60fps 35mbit, also with 720p 120fps 35 mbit, although not that long (5min.) Maybe the camera doesn t cope with wifi streaming and high bitrate at high rez. More tests to be done!

Try this solution, it worked for me. Plug it into the USB port. You do get a red LED ring when you do that, correct? After you've got it plugged in, then push the power button and the WiFi button at the same time and hold. This is a reset for the camera. Do it a couple of times and hold it for at least a minute or more. I eventually got mine to give me the blue LED ring, but you're not through. Chances are your firmware is corrupt or missing. Download the firmware file and do the micro-SD card load. Rename the firmware file to just (without the quotes) "firmware.bin" and then transfer that file to the root directory on the micro-SD card (that just means outside of the folders and not in ANY folder). Now turn on the camera and it will begin beeping and flashing. Let it do it's thing and when it's done it will shut off. The nice thing is that the camera will automatically delete the firmware file on the micro-SD card, so once it's loaded the firmware you should be able to turn it back on and it'll work.

Here's a link to the latest firmware. It's in Chinese, but from the drop down choose your model of Xiaomi Yi camera, e.g. 22L, 23L...etc.) and then hit the button right below that selection. When you do that it will display a link that you'll need to copy and paste into your browser, which will then automatically start the download for the firmware. Just rename per above and put it on the card.

http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports?lang=zh-cn

It worked for mine and I recorded a test video and everything worked just fine. I'm not sure what I did to screw it up, because I was able to remove the front panel this time. I plugged in my micro-HDMI cable that was connected to HDMI input on my TV. Then I turned on the camera and selected the HDMI input and I was able to focus the camera just perfectly (I used a piece of paper with typed words on it at about 2 feet, I focused it back and forth and chose the sharpest focus for the words on the paper. We'll see how it looks when I do a long range video shoot).

Give it a shot. It recovered my camera good as new and I'm just tickled about it.

Try the method ellox mention and if you feel the xiaomi yi so hot it could be a overheat reaction you need to cool down your xiaomiyi first then charging it again.

Try the method ellox mention and if you feel the xiaomi yi so hot it could be a overheat reaction you need to cool down your xiaomiyi first then charging it again.
ellox didn't mention any method. He provided the link to the English version of the download page for the firmware. There's another link there for the micro-SD card firmware load process, but that won't work if you can't turn on the camera. Use that AFTER you get the camera to turn on. Try the reset.

Hello, I'm having the same reaction of the camera.
Just bought it and never switched on properly, after few tries it just died. Everything I touch now lead to the same situation, all the secondary LEDs red and nothing for me to do.
Pleeeease help!

Last edited:
did anyone solved this problem?
When connected to charger and pressed the wifi, power and shot buttons the main led turns purple (it turns blue if i disconnect the cam from the charger) but still isn't working at all (no beeps, impossible to update, etc..)

did anyone solved this problem?
When connected to charger and pressed the wifi, power and shot buttons the main led turns purple (it turns blue if i disconnect the cam from the charger) but still isn't working at all (no beeps, impossible to update, etc..)
If you're getting the blue LED ring to turn on, then it should update via the micro-SD card. Did you try the micro-SD card firmware update? I immediately did that with mine, once I got it to turn on and it's working like a charm now.

i have te same problem but when i try to reset it doesn't work it just go off

Back