Deaf man considering purchasing DR500GW-HD but have questions.

bossyman15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
One thing I'm concerned about is the mic. I plan to record with no sound because I never know what noise I would be making. How do I turn off the microphone?

The BlackVue video viewer (which you install on your computer) also has customizations that you can do to control your recording. The customizations are copied to your SD card, which is then inserted back into the BlackVue. Customizations include the option of turning off the sound recording. So, problem solved!

I wouldn't be concerned about your own sounds, or the ability to hear them for that matter but the other sounds you record can still be important, the sound of your indicator clicking away, did anyone blow a horn, the sounds of a siren on an emergency vehicle etc can all be important evidence also

I wouldn't be concerned about your own sounds, or the ability to hear them for that matter but the other sounds you record can still be important, the sound of your indicator clicking away, did anyone blow a horn, the sounds of a siren on an emergency vehicle etc can all be important evidence also
I second what Jokiin said, it could definitely help to record what's going on around you. I wouldn't worry about sounds you make, it can't be worse than my singing

Don't worry about the sound recording. My videos always sound like TOTPs from the mid 90s.

Back