Decent editing software for Mac computers?

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anything decent out there for editing software for macs?

Ideally needs to be able to block out / hide images on the screen - location etc.

Needs to be nice and simple to use.

Do not mind paying for something that works.

Thanks!!

Davinci Resolve. iMovie should also be enough.

Last edited:
These are some of the best video editing software for Mac:
  1. Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
  2. Adobe Premiere Elements 2021.
  3. Apple Final Cut Pro.
  4. iMovie.
  5. DaVinci Resolve 17.
  6. Blender.
  7. Camtasia.

Davinci Resolve. iMovie should also be enough.

Any good alternatives to iMovie, anyone? I've noticed recently the nasty loss in frames after processing. Want to find something that is quick and simple enough.
I have mixed feelings about Saloni's list of software. Adobe requires a subscription and DaVinci is a bit overloaded to my taste - I got used to iMovie's interface, so it's kinda problematic for me to re-learn now.
Also, I've thought that Blender was used for 3D sculpting. Certainly, I have missed a lot...

a small update:
of course, thanks to Harsh but FCP is not an option for me just as DaVinci - reasons mentioned above.
So I did a small research and found, quite ironically!, another list of software and gave some options a try https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-editing-software-no-watermark.html - it's been a while, and even though the first program on the list was kinda basic, I liked it. Still, the trial period is over and then I gave OpenShot a try. Guess, now I'm sticking to it. It's just as perfect for a user with zero editing skills (just like me) and doesn't overload my OS.

Last edited:
Any good alternatives to iMovie, anyone? I've noticed recently the nasty loss in frames after processing. Want to find something that is quick and simple enough.
I have mixed feelings about Saloni's list of software. Adobe requires a subscription and DaVinci is a bit overloaded to my taste - I got used to iMovie's interface, so it's kinda problematic for me to re-learn now.
Also, I've thought that Blender was used for 3D sculpting. Certainly, I have missed a lot...

Free - DaVinci
Paid - FCP

Back