Decided on the A129 system, where to buy though?

DesertBike

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've decided to set up with the A129 for my car, and I'd rather buy everything all at one place if possible.

I need the A129 camera set of course, the hardwire power kit (w/ATO aka "regular" size fuse taps), and an SD card.

OCD Tronic's web store (ocdtronic.com) doesn't have the 3 wire kit. Is the seller simply called "Viofo" on Amazon, the same folks? Their Amazon store does have the kit, though it's without the fuse taps (guess I'd have to get them elsewhere).

I'd like to buy directly from them if possible, because they've been super helpful and active on this forum and others. They've helped me with my decision on the Innovv K2 system for my motorcycle, for instance.

Another seller on Amazon called WYNT has a package deal with the A129 + 3-wire kit + fuse taps, but it's out of stock. Supposed to be in stock again soon. Not sure who WYNT are though (whether they're a legit reseller or what).

Thanks!

Another seller on Amazon called WYNT has a package deal with the A129 + 3-wire kit + fuse taps, but it's out of stock. Supposed to be in stock again soon. Not sure who WYNT are though (whether they're a legit reseller or what).

Thanks!

I purchased mine directly from WYNT as I got a deal from them at the time, they also included a free installation kit which was helpful. It was a smooth transaction and was able to get the cam quickly, they're based in Seattle.

Link here: https://dashoto.com/

I'm always mindful of when things go wrong and how to rectify easily and I'm happy to pay a little more for that. So if there's a local store that comes first but in this case its probably going to be unlikely.

I would say buy direct with Viofo if you can because they are the most invested in their reputation and "ticket clippers" can often cause confusion and delays. For me in NZ that means AliExpress but in the US probably Amazon as you say.

The only third party products to consider are:

Memory card - I've gone for Samsung Evo 256 GB as it has the best overall reviews IMHO.

Parking Mode wiring kit - I would also get from Viofo, because although there are good alternatives, a single supplier doesnt have anyone else to point the finger at if things go wrong. Just make sure that you get the 3-wire kit as it allows for ACC detection and therefore Parking Mode. See https://www.viofo.com/accessories/1...re-acc-hk3-hardwire-kit-for-parking-mode.html

Fuse taps - for some reason these dont come with the Viofo 3 wire kit so you have to buy third party, but they can be bought/replaced relatively cheaply from any decent electronics store so I just didnt even factor them in to my decision making and where to buy, etc.

I hope that helps.

In the US buy directly from Viofo on Amazon. Definitely use only a Viofo supplied or recommended power supply with this cam as other brands have been known to cause issues.

Not sure who to recommend in NZ. Maybe @viofo can recommend someone

Phil

We only have 5 million people in NZ so we only get the main players. Everything else is online Amazon, AliExpress, Ebay, etc.

I got mine from the Viofo store on AliExpress and they are nearly always cheaper with free shipping.

If it's direct from Viofo you will be OK. I didn't know he had an AE store; thanks for the info (y)

Phil

I recommend purchasing from Spytec. They're an offical Viofo distributor that sells in the US. Shipping will be much faster than ordering direct from Viofo as they are based in China. Also if you need to exchange or return for any reason that will also be faster and easier.

We only have 5 million people in NZ so we only get the main players. Everything else is online Amazon, AliExpress, Ebay, etc.

I got mine from the Viofo store on AliExpress and they are nearly always cheaper with free shipping.
You can purchase from drivercam.co.nz in NZ, they can help to install.

You can purchase from drivercam.co.nz in NZ, they can help to install.

I would agree that if you are a technophobe they would be a good option, and I probably suggested earlier that we cant buy direct in NZ which is wrong.

However as with most products and services in NZ, you pay a premium, and its nearly always cheaper to import including shipping, in this case the A129 setup ($237) than buy in NZ ($327). The Samsung EVO 256GB card from Amazon ($92) was nearly double ($169).

It's just an economies of scale thing which we put up with because its an awesome place to live.

@CaptureYourAction is great retailer. Free super fast shipping out of NJ if i'm not mistaken. Great support as well. If you order directly from viofo if i'm not mistaken it will ship from China. He's active here on forum as well.

They're at amazon and ebay as well or order directly from their website. Great service. It's a great camera with high quality picture even at night and for price it's unbeatable IMO.

https://www.captureyouraction.com/c...channel-1080p-dash-camera-with-dual-band-wifi

@CaptureYourAction is great retailer. Free super fast shipping out of NJ if i'm not mistaken. Great support as well. If you order directly from viofo if i'm not mistaken it will ship from China. He's active here on forum as well.

They're at amazon and ebay as well or order directly from their website. Great service. It's a great camera with high quality picture even at night and for price it's unbeatable IMO.

https://www.captureyouraction.com/c...channel-1080p-dash-camera-with-dual-band-wifi
Thank you for the recommendation. We are actually out of New Hampshire.

Back