Defective audio on my DV688

34Ford

Reaction score
Country
United States
DV688 in my Polaris General UTV.

Thought I would connect the microphone to my DV688 and that was a mistake. Caused the video to jerk and stop. Also the audio has silent spots throughout the video. Just before the sound goes out you can hear a tweet.

Before I connected the mic the videos have worked fine. MY SD card maybe?

Might a hardware problem with the wired controller!
RF noise from the wired controller will cause this problem! Give it a try to wrap the wired controller and reroute it far away from the engine ignition system!

There must be issues with the controllers because I mentioned my problem on Blueskysea's facebook page and they keep saying do I have a warranty. Apparently they want to send me a new one.
But is there known problems with them, because I told them I just installed it on my dv688 and it is a NEW controller. I dont see how it is bad on my end.

Anyway I am attaching a pic of my setup in my Polaris General. As you can see for the most part I have the screen, gps and the mic controller all in a small area on the dash.
No where close to ignition.

Attachments

• IMG_7883.jpg
    IMG_7883.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 5
There must be issues with the controllers because I mentioned my problem on Blueskysea's facebook page and they keep saying do I have a warranty. Apparently they want to send me a new one.
But is there known problems with them, because I told them I just installed it on my dv688 and it is a NEW controller. I dont see how it is bad on my end.

Anyway I am attaching a pic of my setup in my Polaris General. As you can see for the most part I have the screen, gps and the mic controller all in a small area on the dash.
No where close to ignition.
It is a hardware problem with the wired controller! Might a short-cut inside the wired controller!

I got conformation that they are sending me a replacement controller. I will post results.

Back