Defective LCD?

princerock

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got my A119. I powered it on with the short usb cable provided in the box. In the middle of setting date and time, the screen went blank with some color stripes (see attached pic 1). I turned it off and back on, and this time it went to blank screen directly! (see attached pic 2). I tried removing the gps module and microSD card but still got this problem. Sometimes it boots into a pure blank screen (sometimes with heavy flicking), sometimes to a blank screen with color stripes. I think the system is on, as I can hear the beeps when I don't insert an SD card.

What could be the problem? I read about the GPS mount but I saw this issue when using the camera port as well. Pushing the mount doesn't seem to help either.

I've been searching for a reliable dashcamera and a119 seems to be the one. I didn't expect to get a DOA at all! :(

pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG

what frequency do you have set? for the USA it should be 60hz and the camera comes with a preset 50hz.

what frequency do you have set? for the USA it should be 60hz and the camera comes with a preset 50hz.
It's 60 Hz. Does this really matter? I thought it's for video out.

what power supply are you using?
I was using the usb port on my surge protector (one of the two 5V/2.1A ports)

OK. After I left it alone for some time, the issue was gone and I could finish the setup. But If I disconnect the power and reconnect it right away, the issue shows up again. Doesn't know if it makes sense, but it seems this problem stops when something (most likely the cap) fully discharged. Otherwise I would see this issue. It's not always the color-striped screen. Sometimes it just boots to a completely blank one.

The last time I could boot it normally, I saw the firmware is 2.0.1. Almost the latest. Got the unit from SpyTec brand new and I haven't put it on my car yet. Does anyone see this before?

I would try with the included power supply and see how it goes, the problems described are typical of a power related issue

I would try with the included power supply and see how it goes, the problems described are typical of a power related issue

OK. Just tried that in the car. Same problem - blinking screen with color stripes on one side :( I could hear the boot sound but nothing shows up on the screen!

Any other idea?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A119 23
Back