Defective unit? Pink and green video

Petrutms

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I just got my dr750 lte directly from blackvue.
When I installed I noticed that rear cam video is full of pink/green highlights, and nothing I tried solved it.
Anyone else had this problem? With the other models of course, since the rear cam is the same.
Thanks

video:

Brand new from factory with faulty sensor ? Really disappointed about their quality check! The main camera is really nice, built in LTE is a game changer!

QC only checks a percentage of samples in any production line. As jokiin said, it happens.

With most mass-produced products, there's a level where warranty issues are generally deemed acceptable- usually around 0.5%, because it becomes too expensive to do full production testing instead trying to better that percentage. Companies all function to provide best overall profits, so ocassionally someone gets a bad product- and that's whey they come with a warranty.

Phil

Quite likely it didn't have this problem during production, although only a percentage of products are pulled out for full QC there are still multiple stages of QC during production where this would easily have been picked up, most likely just an early life failure of a component, possibly even damaged in transit

In my last job 100 % of certain things i made was inspected / checked, i found that a insult, right until i bodged a crap-load of axles in what i can only describe as the most embarrassing event in my later years.
Funny thing though, the most accurate things i made, little axles with a 4/1000 mm tolerance was not inspected at all.

Everyone cam make a mistake, it is one of the defining traits of being human, what matter is how you deal with that issue, and that is where many will fail in the most horrible ways.

Personally i have owned 2 memory cards, that pretty much died before i was able to fill them 1 time, both from reputable brands, and to this date the most expensive 64GB memory cards i have ever gotten ( then costing as much as a regular 256GB card do today )

The biggest problem is that shipping to Korea is about 100 usd!!!! They advised to return the unit!
Money I will never recover... I better buy a new rear cam and is the same price!

It looks I can’t send it to an European retailer if I bought it from their site... really bad situation for me...

Some things you have to buy local.

I just,,,, well this summer, ordered some T shirts in China, when they arrived 2 had completely messed up writing on them due to parts being cut wrong in relation to print.
So they wanted me to send back, i asked you refund for shipping and they said yes, i then told them what it cost to send to China ( which are much much more than the other way around ) so i was refunded my money + i could keep the 2 shirts.
And i did not keep them as wearing such a mess would have made people laugh at me.

I would never buy anything expensive in China, simply not worth the trouble if it break down.
Same go with Korea, it is simply too far away, and just the language barrier is more of a challenge than i like.

they are not flexible when it comes to warranties, will only go back to place of purchase, there's been a lot of grey market sellers of their product which they refuse to support

I will pay a bit more and get EU or DK warranty levels, which is a heck lot better than what you get elsewhere.
I can save 5 - 10 % by shopping in other EU countries due to the record Danish sales tax, that is also the prime reason i woull not open any kind of shop here, i can not deal with stuff like that and from day 1 i am at a significant disadvantage VS other EU sellers.

I will pay a bit more and get EU or DK warranty levels, which is a heck lot better than what you get elsewhere.
I can save 5 - 10 % by shopping in other EU countries due to the record Danish sales tax, that is also the prime reason i woull not open any kind of shop here, i can not deal with stuff like that and from day 1 i am at a significant disadvantage VS other EU sellers.
if buying from overseas I only ever spend an amount I'm willing to lose if it doesn't work out

I only bought it from them because was cheaper that on any Europe retailers... but will be a lesson learned... I see no other way but to buy another rear camera, I just hope this one will be ok not defective again!

Just an update, they advised to send both cameras, since the issue is probably on main unit!
Will send me a replacement soon.
Return shipping was free!!!
Really good customer support until now!

looks simular to my issues with the dr900s series. i have mostly solved it with my primary set but i might need to claim warrenty on the second set as it dous videos about a minute with purple flashing in the right cornor.
Sometimes reflashing the firmware trough the memory card works. this is what blackvue recommended me. and for 1 camera it did solve the issue. but the other sets it didnt.

Yes I tried that reflashing as they instructed but didn’t work. For sure faulty main or rear camera, they said is probably main.

I wonder why re-flashing firmware is supposed to rectify a hardware problem.
It didn't work for NASA on the Hubble telescope.

My thoughts are that it's just a ploy to get you off their backs for a couple of days.

The camera is already at their tech, and they are replacing both, and will test the new ones before sending. They didn’t tell me what was the cause. Of course I tried everything before sending them back...nothing worked.
I really like their support, absolutely no issues! So if you have warranty, they will repair/replace for sure!

yes the warrenty and support from blackvue is great that is why i will now always buy them from one of there official retailers. i recently bought a 750s 2ch so i have 4ch in my car with the dr900s 2ch. Hope your problems are solved when your cam is returned/replaced. dr750s has been proven to be a very reliable dashcam with great night vision. I hope the 750LTE can live up to this too.

Back