defective Yi Dashcam?

ae86

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Testing this YI Cam. The quality during day is equivalent and sometimes worse compared to G1WX series. The night quality is awful. I've seen enough YouTube videos and the quality is good but mine is unacceptable. windshield and lens clean. 1080/60FPS

notice headlights flickering
See for yourself, feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

I think this is good,dont know about comparing to G1WX series.This one one my videos recorded with Yi
so take look,can you find some difference.I recommend you 1080P 30fps for night driving.

I think this is good,dont know about comparing to G1WX series.This one one my videos recorded with Yi I recommend you 1080P 30fps for night driving.

honestly, yours doesn't look good.
I'll try 30FPS and higher res. I'm comparing to my old G1WC which performs better. Yi doesn't have good light balance with streetlights. I got this over A119 because night quality seemed similar, see this video @ 1:41, pitch black but still can see.

But you are comparing two different cams recording in two different resolutions.I dont know what are you expecting for that amount of money Yi costs?I am satisfied with mine,maybe because I dont have any better one(Yi is my first and only dashcam,for now).When I looked over and over this video,I think the Yi is actually better.Can you colors are more clear on Yi than A119?Also dark areas is much lighter.Dont know you can see that also or its just me.
Notice:Dont just look video I linked above,enter my Youtube chanel and watch more of them.

Last edited:
But you are comparing two different cams recording in two different resolutions.I dont know what are you expecting for that amount of money Yi costs?I am satisfied with mine,maybe because I dont have any better one(Yi is my first and only dashcam,for now).

I'm showing a video of YI in pitch dark where its actually decent unlike the one I have. Not sure how cost is a factor, like mentioned, I have cheaper G1WC which is better in low light.

I saw your other videos, its alright. Mine can't pickup light, even in well lit places.

I'm showing a video of YI in pitch dark where its actually decent unlike the one I have. Not sure how cost is a factor, like mentioned, I have cheaper G1WC which is better in low light.

I saw your other videos, its alright. Mine can't pickup light, even in well lit places.
Is it a black Yi dashcam with a Chinese (CN) firmware in it?

Is it a black Yi dashcam with a Chinese (CN) firmware in it?
Its Grey Chinese one. during day its kinda fuzzy, going to test it out more and report back, so far not happy

Its Grey Chinese one. during day its kinda fuzzy, going to test it out more and report back, so far not happy
Many users complain about their Chinese version Yi's (mine is International-English US version firmware),try to search some threads here on forum,they mostly complain about video resolution(I think,not sure).Maybe you need to change firmware to US.I also think that those Chinese ones(with CN firmware in) are cheaper versions for China market only.

Back