Deleting Files in Camera - SJ4000 Wi-Fi

TeriTerryTarry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Several action cams
While it's much easier to delete individual files after they've been downloaded to a computer, I really enjoy direct playback from the camera on my TV using the HDMI connection. Therefore I like to get rid of selected (the most embarrassing!) photos and videos before playback. I can delete individual videos and photos in Playback mode but I should be able to delete a bunch at once. In Delete on the Setup menu, when I highlight "Delete Current" and press the Mode button, a screen with a list appears. However the list isn't populated with file names except for one file on the bottom line. So instead of being able to select multiple files and deleting them as a group, I still have to scroll through each individual file to find the ones I want and delete them one at a time. Shouldn't all the files on the memory card be listed? It's much easier using the WiFi app because the list is populated and it's easy to choose which ones you want to delete. The firmware is
version G20150408V02 dated 2015 April 8. Any thoughts on this? Thank you.

The firmware on sj4000 should be a lot more user friendly on that part.

Its really complicated to delete files on the camera.

The firmware on sj4000 should be a lot more user friendly on that part.

Its really complicated to delete files on the camera.

I couldn't agree more. I'm trying to prepare an operating manual for the camera and this particular issue of the "unpopulated" list is one I haven't figure out yet. Obviously there are plenty of other ways to delete files but I guess my feeling is, why build in a less-than-functional feature at all?

After quite a bit more trial-and-error I came up with the following ways to delete files:

1. To delete selected videos and photos except protected videos, use one of the following two methods:

1.1 a. In Playback mode navigate to a specific video or photo. Press and hold the Up button.
b. A Delete dialog box appears with “Delete Current?”, “Delete All?” or “Cancel”.
c. Select “Delete Current?”. When prompted to “Erase This?” select “OK”.
1.2 a. In Playback mode navigate to the specific video or photo you want to delete.
b. Press the Mode button to advance to the Setup menu.
c. Highlight Delete on page 6 of the Setup menu and press the OK button.
d. A Delete dialog box appears with “Delete Current?”, “Delete All?”
e. Highlight “Delete Current?” and press the OK button.
f. When prompted to “Erase This?” highlight “OK” then press the OK button.

2. To delete all videos and photos except protected videos, use one of the following two methods.

2.1 a. During Playback navigate to a specific video or photo, press and hold the Up button.
b. A Delete dialog box appears with “Delete Current?”, “Delete All?” or “Cancel”.
c. Select “Delete All?”. When prompted to “Erase All Images?” select “OK”.
2.2 a. Press the Mode button until the Setup menu appears on the display.
b. Highlight Delete on page 6 of the Setup menu and press the OK button.
c. A Delete dialog box appears with “Delete Current?”, “Delete All?”
d. Highlight “Delete All?” and press the OK button.
e. When prompted to “Erase All Images?” highlight “OK” and press the OK button.

3. To delete all videos and photos including protected videos, use the following method.

a. Press the Mode button until the Setup menu appears on the display.
b. Highlight Format on page 6 of the Setup menu and press the OK button.
c. In response to “All data will be deleted” highlight “OK” and press the OK button.

4. Alternative method: To delete some or all videos and photos including protected videos, remove the memory card and insert it into a memory card reader connected to your computer. Select and delete files as you would normally on your computer. You can also use your computer to format the card to delete all files.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A SJ4000 13
E SJ4000 4
Back