Delkin microSD cards

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I've seen these popping up on a few different sites the last few weeks - has anyone tried them?

They seem to be certifying their microSD cards for action camera and dashcam usage and they do a range of commercial cards too which sound pretty rugged.

Just wondering how they compare performance wise really - these are very expensive cards in the UK and probably more of a bargain over in the USA to be honest as not many people can compete with the aggressive pricing of the larger companies like Samsung and Sandisk.

I usually wait until can read tons of feedback or review from Amazon or other sources.

I wonder who is the original manufacturer of their memory cards ?

One of their models are looks like Transcend MicroSD-style ( colouring )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B006YTZWG8
61We7d768xL._SX522_.jpg

For example I started using lately Integral memory cards, - this brand is not know oversea, but I have discovered that one of their models ( 64Gb SDHC Ultima Pro X Class 10 U3 ) made by Toshiba.

Could it be that Delkin also using some well known memory manufacturer service, like Transcend ?

64 and 128 GB Integral Ultima Pro X SDXC Class 10 U3 (1).JPG

64GB Integral Ultima Pro X SDXC Class 10 U3 (4).JPG

They reckon they are mate, and that they manufacture in the USA.

I found a couple of reviews on Amazon US and to be honest it sounds quick sequentially but the random writes sound pretty bad:

Dell Inspiron 17-3721 Windows 7 64bit with Delkin included SD adaptor:
Sequential: 28.86 Read /23.71 Write
Random 512k: 27.57/0.815
Random 4k: 3.462/0.302
Random 4k QD32: 3.987/0.258

First the SanDisk:
Sequential Read : 96.625 MB/s
Sequential Write : 63.635 MB/s
Random Read 512KB :89.182 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 52.168 MB/s

Now the Delkin:
Sequential Read : 95.473 MB/s
Sequential Write : 63.689 MB/s
Random Read 512KB :82.960 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 0.688 MB/s

That last figure takes an absolute nosedive!

They've even launched a Black range which I guess is marketed at the people with Black Edition GoPro cameras?

Interestingly Delkin themselves don't actually say these are certified for dashcam use - just the BlackVueShop UK does!

How are those Integral cards? I've got an older one somewhere that's worked for years to be honest, it's been a good card :)

I have never used Delkin memory cards but have used other Delkin branded components and to be totally honest have not been impressed. I had a USB bus with intermittent failures that made it look as though the attached device was failing so I now have 2 extra 250GB external drives. The bus itself never failed completely and at times would run flawlessly for days.

Back